Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes have problems downloading larger files.

A couple examples are from this site, people have posted up links to get videos. One was the Christian Pfeiffer stunt video which was 23.6 mb, and one is of some pocketbikes which is 5.6 mb.

Both of those videos, when I tried to download them, I only ended up getting like 100 kbs or so. Only a few seconds of videos.

I don't have this problem very often, is there something borked in my internet explorer or something??

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
you dont happen to have 56k, do you? i do and every once in a while when i try to d/l large files the connection craps out on me. prolly not the problem you have but its one of the many shortcomings i have to live with on 56k

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, I got DSL.

The thing is, even if I delete the file and try to rewrite it, it does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Drop the DSL and get cable for the same price or less. Easily get 400-500k per second d/l rates with cable.

There's a new type of connection that uses power outlets. Modem plugs into any power outlet and WhaaLaa...you are online. Price is cheap too....

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^

Same price or less for cable??

Riiiiight.

Cable connection around here is $49.99. I have my DSL for $23.95. That's NOT the same price, or less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts