Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Albeit my first attempt at working on carbs I thought I did a pretty good job. After everything was assembled on my wifes used 93' ninja 250 (carbs [2], airbox, tank) and a couple minutes of cranking it fired up, and calmed down to a high idle but smooth.

Next step was to sync the carbs. My friend had all the tools, and accessories needed to do the job, but when I removed the tank, hooked up the aux tank and fired it up it ran fine at full choke, but the slightest move off of the choke and it died. Also any use of the throttle caused it to die. I plugged the intake holes over the air box and it died, so there isnt a huge leak somewhere. All the idle screws, jets etc. were all set to factory specs and were measured with speciality tools from the factory.

I looked through troubleshooting guide and it listed about 15 things that "could" be wrong...from turning a screw to completely disassembling the carbs again. I removed the carbs to look everything over but cant find anything wrong (vaccum hose placement etc....no cracked hoses).

Any help, or ideas would be appreciated. :)

-Jake

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Don't know about your bike, but mine has a "calibrated" opening between the tank and the air intake. When you lift or remove the tank, is air flow way higher than with the tank in place? If so, that's why it only runs with choke on (throttle enricher). Sync the carbs with the choke on and no throttle if that's what it takes, then replace the tank and see where you are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts