Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I gotta say, I like the design (though the rear end isn't my favorite in pictures). I'd like to see it in person though.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
looks like a shittier version of a 599.

infact, besides the shitty camaro looking rear end (in profile) it honestly looks like a smoother fucking 599....
ah well, it'll perform excellently, as always.

also, :lol, "The C5 was a breakthrough for the Corvette - the first time it was a really, really good car"

edit:
checked the "specs" section, because besides the hideous rear end, and the hideous grille, that's all that matters here, and for fucking sake....chev gave the LT1 engine code again? I heard this before and thoguht they weren't fucking stupid enough to do it...but there they go and do it...they just had an LT1 not 20 fuckin years ago....
also, the 6.2 they had before in the G8 GT and the GTO was doing 400/400 or even a little better. . .

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
for the time, I woulda called a C2 or an early C3 a "really, really good car" as well.
the C2 in particular.
the C3 went downhill during the "plastic bumper" years, and the C4 tried, but failed in it's revolution of the brand on most points. the LT1 was an OK mill but not powerful (better than the L98....yeesh) and the digital everything wasn't well received...
the HUD was goddamned cool though.

so yeah, besides the C4 being that awkward middle child, and the C3 being that one who gets ugly and lazy during adolescence, the Vette has been an pretty good car all round.

But hell, I'm a viper fan, what do I know?
Oh, I know they fucked up the rear end and front grille on this one really bad...I know that.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for the time, I woulda called a C2 or an early C3 a "really, really good car" as well.
the C2 in particular.
the C3 went downhill during the "plastic bumper" years, and the C4 tried, but failed in it's revolution of the brand on most points. the LT1 was an OK mill but not powerful (better than the L98....yeesh) and the digital everything wasn't well received...
the HUD was goddamned cool though.

so yeah, besides the C4 being that awkward middle child, and the C3 being that one who gets ugly and lazy during adolescence, the Vette has been an pretty good car all round.

But hell, I'm a viper fan, what do I know?
Oh, I know they fucked up the rear end and front grille on this one really bad...I know that.
I drive cars, I don't look at them. After racing the C4 (mine was a '89 Z51), you often had to take a couple of hard laps in the parking lot opposite course direction to untwist the frame enough to fit the targa top back in. C3s have to be lifted with care to not bend permanently and damage the body. My C4 - bone stock but for revalved shocks - had a total electrical failure at 40 mph driving to work. Engine, dash, electrics, door locks - whole car just went dark. Same car had mushy brakes because the entire firewall, to which the MC was attached, flexed so much when you stood on the brake pedal. And the accelerator itself would break, jamming the throttle open (mine) or losing all power ( most). happened to enough local cars that a machinist friend made up aluminum replacements. Now to me, a sports car with brake, gas, ignition, and frame issues needs more work.

In contrast, my C5 was a world class automobile. It was faster on the track, much more comfortable to live with, and every piece I touched with a wrench showed design and manufacture care.

KeS

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Hell, even Top Gear UK is a big fan of the new(er) Corvettes.

Nice looking car. I also really like the look of the new Viper.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I love everything about it. The round tail lights were getting long in the tooth. I like the new ones.

450hp/450tq 0-60 under 4sec. for base model. Not too shabby.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love everything about it. The round tail lights were getting long in the tooth. I like the new ones.

450hp/450tq 0-60 under 4sec. for base model. Not too shabby.
There are a number of pros and cons for me in the appearance, but I haven't really liked the looks of any since the 1972 model. I thought my C5 looked like a melted coke bottle. :shrug Like I said, I drive 'em, I don't look at 'em.

KeS

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Overall, I like it, but some things just seem off. dropping the wrap around rear glass for ¾ windows with a Hofmiester kink is a risky move and huge break from tradition. And what’s up with those pieces protruding from the front bumper? The vents above the quarter panels are interesting too. Oil/diff coolers? It appears that they exit at the taillights, so I doubt brake cooling.

Anyway, can’t wait to read a real review.

·
freetors
640 Posts
Overall I like it. However, I dont really like the back end, the headlights are too busy, and the bodywork above the rear fenders comes up too high. It kinda looks like they're trying too hard. I bet the final version looks a little less wild.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I like it. I think they went a bit overboard with the back end, but that front is sexaaaay!

Manual gearbox ftw! I was worried they might switch to a dual-clutch but thank god they didn't.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
They HAD to go overboard with the rearend, that's all you gonna see. :D

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I wish they would do a better take on the 70s sting ray. Those cars were a bit anemic but Cameb they were hands down the sexiest. I really dislike the wide flat look of the new modern ones. Although this is one of the better updates visually it seems.

And no I don't drive them I just like looking at them. Lmao.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I wish they would do a better take on the 70s sting ray. Those cars were a bit anemic but Cameb they were hands down the sexiest. I really dislike the wide flat look of the new modern ones. Although this is one of the better updates visually it seems.

And no I don't drive them I just like looking at them. Lmao.
they KIND OF tried that with the Grand Sport.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts