Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a posting in the break room at work.Someone is trying to sell a 2002 RC51 for 10,000.It is completely stock and has 700 miles on it.I checked on KBB and the average retail was around 8,000.Any opinions about a realistic price for this?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Assuming it's mint, I'd say a fair price would be between $7,000 and $8,000. It all depends on how much you're looking to spend.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would offer around $7k for it but since it has low miles you might end up paying more.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
10,000 is way too much. Might as well get an '05 for nearly that price. Like the guys say, about 7-8K is more realistic.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I would say mid 6's to low 7's at the MOST. The only saving grace on it is the low mileage, it's 3 years old already. Also, with the RC, good mods aren't cheap, and I love modded bikes. My past 2 F4i's were modded and that stuff adds up really fast, so I looked for an RC with the mods I wanted, and found one that had almost EXACTLY all the mods I wanted, including:

Sato Banzai carbon fiber pipes
Dussault undertail
PCIIIr
Scotts damper
15/41 sprockets
tank protector
frame sliders
stainless braided brakelines
All the free mods
Eyelid turn signals in the headlights
cell phone charger plug-in in the trunk (and I don't even have a cell, LOL)

All that stuff adds up to almost $3000. I had to have the bike shipped and that cost quite a bit, but if I wouldn't have had to pay for that, I would have gotten it for right around $7K. Granted it has rock chips in the decals in the front and headlights and had 12,500mi, but what the hell, I wanted a machine to ride the hell out of, not a showpiece. Besides, it's a Honda, so maybe in another 6 or 7K miles, it will finally be broken in :banana

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm not really in a positon to buy it right now.I just thought I would get an idea so if I talk to the girl I could tell here why its not selling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased an 03 from TX and with 4400 miles on it.. Shipped to my house here in Ohio, I shelled out $8100.00

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Josh D said:
I would say mid 6's to low 7's at the MOST. The only saving grace on it is the low mileage, it's 3 years old already. Also, with the RC, good mods aren't cheap, and I love modded bikes. My past 2 F4i's were modded and that stuff adds up really fast, so I looked for an RC with the mods I wanted, and found one that had almost EXACTLY all the mods I wanted, including:

Sato Banzai carbon fiber pipes
Dussault undertail
PCIIIr
Scotts damper
15/41 sprockets
tank protector
frame sliders
stainless braided brakelines
All the free mods
Eyelid turn signals in the headlights
cell phone charger plug-in in the trunk (and I don't even have a cell, LOL)

All that stuff adds up to almost $3000. I had to have the bike shipped and that cost quite a bit, but if I wouldn't have had to pay for that, I would have gotten it for right around $7K. Granted it has rock chips in the decals in the front and headlights and had 12,500mi, but what the hell, I wanted a machine to ride the hell out of, not a showpiece. Besides, it's a Honda, so maybe in another 6 or 7K miles, it will finally be broken in :banana
Mid 6's to low 7's? You're dreaming man. You're not going to find a 02 and after RC for that price. Probably not even one with high miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
RC51 price ideas

I recently bought a 2003 RC51 with 8K & Jardine slip-ons, not to mention a few knicks and some minor road wear, for $5,800.00 from a guy in Michigan.

Needed a little TLC as the guy took horrible care of it but it was a great deal. Getting the plastic mended (crack by the tail light and a couple scratches on the fairings from a transport mishap) and painted this week (about $450). I should be back on the road mid July. Figure in what I paid for the bike, all the paint and bodywork etc, $6400 for a great customized bike. Not a bad deal.

Joshua

1 - 10 of 10 Posts