Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the Muslim taking off there stinky ass shoes and praying in the bathroom.. So should prayer be allowed anywhere in a public school?

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
I feel there should be no time reserved for religion in public schools....but as for practicing it, like prayer in the bathroom, this should not be a punishable offense. Public schools have more important concerns than chastising a muslim for laying out his rug in the bathroom and giving a short prayer.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I am muslim... just not a very religious person, but i would respect the people who pray at their own time: between classes or lunch,, etc.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
hahaha, if somebody wants to bow down on the floor that's been pisssed on and press their forehead against it, let 'em go for it. doesn't hurt me any.

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
1,140 Posts
BurnMyHeartDown said:
hahaha, if somebody wants to bow down on the floor that's been pisssed on and press their forehead against it, let 'em go for it. doesn't hurt me any.
True, True. I'm not into religion but have been known to do a little praying in the bathroom myself from time to time.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Fargin_Bastige said:
You spend a lot of time in school bathrooms then?

I'm assuming he's talking about like middle/high school bathrooms. In that case it would look like we have a meat gazer on our hands here in the politics forum.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
jeeps84 said:
I have never agreed with forced prayer (group prayer in anything other than a church) but believe everybody should have the right to pray when they want to.
This might be the best comment I've seen in all of the different religion debates.

Check that... it IS the best comment I've seen in all of the different religion debates.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ghost2 said:
I see the Muslim taking off there stinky ass shoes and praying in the bathroom.. So should prayer be allowed anywhere in a public school?

maybe if you spent less time watching the muslim kid in the crapper you would be able to use the word "their" correctly in a sentance. You're post just came off as mean spirited to me. Maybe I took it the wrong way

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ghost2 said:

A better question if I may. Why is it that Christians, Muslims, Buddists, and every other group tied to religion is discriminated and/or discouraged from practicing their beliefs in school, and yet, the "theory/religion" of Evolution is taught as science, which itself, disproves the Evolutionary "Theory/Religion". Everything from gill slits to macro-evolution to fossils and the geologic collum have not ONCE proven evolution and yet children are taught at a very young age to believe it.

I believe that if we tackle one "subject" occuring in schools, lets look at them all.

·
1,140 Posts
moresoever575 said:
I believe that if we tackle one "subject" occuring in schools, lets look at them all.
You have the freedom of religion. The freedom to believe, but not necessarily practice. If you practice Satanism or witchcraft you will be expelled and shunned before you know it. So I agree that it should be across the board either yes or no since it is an issue. I myself have no religion and it really doesn’t bother me what the next guy does as long as he keeps it to himself.

·
Registered
156 Posts
HUTSCBR said:
You have the freedom of religion. The freedom to believe, but not necessarily practice. If you practice Satanism or witchcraft you will be expelled and shunned before you know it. So I agree that it should be across the board either yes or no since it is an issue. I myself have no religion and it really doesn’t bother me what the next guy does as long as he keeps it to himself.

I completely agree!!! Some religions take away from other freedoms we've been given here in the U.S.. . . such as our lives. If a Muslim wants to face the east every hour an offer a prayer to Allah, who am I to say no, that's his practice. As long as his display of faith doesn't disrupt my daily freedoms, I'm cool with it. I may not agree with it (I myself am a Christian, biblically straight, no straying from it, full of sin), but it doesn't give me the right to disrupt his practice at that time.

If any one is open minded enough to learn a lot of science that most schools don't teach, that disproves evolution, and helps support numerous creation theories (and yes, biblical creation is a theory. You have to believe that God created everything, just as you have to believe the "Big Bang"), I urge you to PM me. I'll be glad to play devils advocate in an attempt to teach.

·
Nihongo Hanaseruzo!
1,465 Posts
You have to believe that God created everything, just as you have to believe the "Big Bang"
Do we have a smiley for "fallacy alert!"? Well I guess not, but this works. :bs

The Big Bang theory (as well as evolutionary theory) is scientifically testable. The idea that "god created everything" is not.

This means that one belongs in the science classroom, and the other does not.

·
1,140 Posts
Religion is one of the best marketing stratagies ever created by mankind. The interweb is much like religion. You can either believe what the person above you wrote or not..all you need is faith then it is truth.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ThePhorest said:
Do we have a smiley for "fallacy alert!"? Well I guess not, but this works. :bs

The Big Bang theory (as well as evolutionary theory) is scientifically testable. The idea that "god created everything" is not.

This means that one belongs in the science classroom, and the other does not.

Give me one example of how scientific research has helped benefit the Big Bang and/or evolution!!!

Our tax dollars are used to purchase textbooks that have been known for tens and hundreds of years to have false, untestable beliefs in them. The fact that you use a statement such as this shows me that you haven't even thought of the theory of Intelligent Design.

Wisconsin Administrative Code, 361 Rule states: "The criteria for selection of textbooks... shall be: 3.Factual Accuracy

Alabama Code 1975, Section 16-36-70 states: "Adequate textbooks"-provides: "(b) All students in the public schools shall be provided with adequate and current textbooks..."

A few questions if I may:
1. Where did matter come from?
2. Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)?
3. How did matter get so perfectly organized?
4. Where did the energy come from to do all the organizing?
5. When, where, why, and how did life come from dead matter?
6. " " did life learn to reproduce itself?
(I've got more if you'd like!?!)

SCIENCE IS DEFINED AS BEING TESTABLE AND OBSERVABLE WITHIN A CONTROLLED STATE, E.G. LABORATORY.
There are at least six different and unrelated meanings to the word "evolution":

1. Cosmic Evolution- the origin of time, space, and matter
2. Chemical Evolution- the origin of higher elements from hydrogen
3. Stellar and Planetary Evolution- the origin of stars and planets
4. Organic Evolution- the origin of life from inanimate matter
5. Macroevolution- the changing from one kind to another (dog to cat, horse to house, fly to human)
6. Microevolution- variations within kinds (ONLY THIS ONE HAS BEEN OBSERVED)

THE FIRST FIVE HAVE NEVER BEEN OBSERVED. IF YOU THINK THEY HAVE, PLEASE EXPLAIN.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts