Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So there were these group of 3 guy friends who took over 2 of 4 TVs that had the new GTA5 game playing at a midnight event at Microsoft Store. The store always does special events for big release games and let people play them 2 hours before midnight. And have food/drinks, freebies, and raffles.

So anyways, the dude was hogging the game to himself and I already waited a good amount of time like over 10 minutes plus whatever time he played before I arrived. His buddies probably camped it out early to ensure they can control those two gaming stations and switch among themselves. And the store does nothing to enforce sharing so these gaming addicts take advantage of that which is really lame of them.

This guy was like 25-35 years old so definitely not some teen and looked older than a college student. So this is a script of how it went, with him not saying a word except "ugghhhh"

Me: Hey you think I can get a shot at the game? I've been waiting for a while.

Guy: Ugghhhhhhh

Me: "so is it a yes or no".

Guy: Ugggghhhh

Me: just say yes, all you have to do is say yes. (and at this point I just kept insisting he say yes to give him a hard time and to give him shit, as well as pointing the fact he will own the game in the next hour).

Guy: Ugghhhhhhhh (Gets real nervous, puts headphones back on and ignores me)

Seriously, at that point in life when you're in your late 20s or 30s, who the hell cares trying to get have the game to yourself when in two hours you will own the game and be able to play it for hours on end when he gets home for the next several months. I could understand if it was a high school kid or young college student, but anyone older than that trying to hog the controller for the entire night when it's clear there are other people waiting must be a loser at life. He was totally sucked into the game ignoring the people waiting behind him. At 25 years old, I don't really get excited about new release games and feel like I have to play it every waking moment the day it comes out.

So I just went to the main TV of Microsoft Store and the guys there were more willing to share since it was a more public TV where there were several guys passing around the controller. I didn't need to play much, I just wanted a feel of the game and I had fun just hanging with a bunch of cool guys who were down to share and let everyone get a chance. I never got anxious waiting for my next turn like some video game obsessed kid and I had fun just hanging out and watching other people play while getting a few turns in, and everyone else was on the same page.

I wasn't really angry that I didn't get my turn (because I moved to a new station), but just this guy can't give up a video game to let someone else play it when he knows there are others who want to play. I was able to share a controller with 5 other guys and we all had a good time and all of us got our fair share of playtime. And after one full rotation of the controller being passed around, the guy was still there not sharing and people waiting behind him for a turn. The guy hogged that gaming station for most of the night and no one had the balls to call him out on it except me.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You actually went to a store so you could buy a video game at midnight at 25 years of age? Wow. Do your parents know you were out that late or did you sneak out of the basement when they weren't looking?

This is almost as bad as letting your daddy buy you a car when you are 25.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I didn't even open the video game when I got home, I just went to sleep because I had an interview and didn't feel like ruining my sleep cycle. So this rant is nothing about not getting my turn, but people who don't think for others. This sense, it was a video game they were going to own in only 2 hours!

I know what real life is like, I go to bars/clubs on the weekends and ride motorcycles whenever I can. When I got over video games, that's when I really started to pursue motorcycles more because it was a real thrill.

I went to the midnight event because the store gives out freebies, free food, play game before midnight, and raffles so it's a legit event. I got to play the game at a different TV with guys who were down to share so I enough play time to feel satisfied. I gave up my controller in 3 minutes when I got my first turn. I just appreciate it when there are guys who will share or be thoughtful of others when they're not told to.

I just hate people who will take advantage of the situation by not sharing since employees weren't enforcing it. And I was not going to go tell on him that he was not sharing because the store employees have better stuff to do than force people to share like we're in kindergarten. Thankfully another group of guys at the main TV were sharing and were more fun to be around. I thought primary school should have been enough to teach grown adults how to share, but some grown men can't share a video game! These are probably the kind of people who are cheap when it comes to tipping or have no shame to take more than their fair share if something's free.

I was able to crash Ryan Sheckler's golf tournament party because the event holders thought I wasn't causing trouble. And there was free food & open bar, but I wasn't concerned how much free stuff I could get and only took what I was comfortable with and left a tip every time I visited the bar. Only had two drinks and could have had more, but I knew someone was paying for it so I didn't feel like taking advantage of them when they were already nice to let me stay without an invite! Ryan Sheckler tipped $20 for open bar, so that guy isn't about free stuff in life. He gives back when he has alot of money so that's what I like about him.

But I'm surprised there are grown adults who are determined to not share or not think for others even if there's line waiting on them to leave. Sharing was something learned in primary school and some people are willing to go so far to take shit from other people. I just hope the middle class people who win the lottery will tip well when they go out to eat or visit the bar.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I know what real life is like, I go to bars/clubs on the weekends and ride motorcycles whenever I can. When I got over video games, that's when I really started to pursue motorcycles more because it was a real thrill.
Good to know what real life is like. Thank you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Wow that is terrible. Fk those people drowning in the midwest, maybe FEMA can come down and build an emergency gaming center so everyone can have a turn.

This just ruined my day. I am going to write a letter to my congressman. :(

:sadpanda

Seriously though, that guy must have been a real loser. Most likely he has no job, lives at home and has only online friends.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I thought that dude would have got banned by now. I also didn't think he could have a bike since his dad bought him a $250,000 Ferarri or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts