Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it. Flatout will hook you pretty good if you need one.
Anybody on here running the PCIIIusb? What maps? How different are the
Euro spec maps?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I don't have a gixxer 1000, but I have a PCII in my 750 and a PCIII USB in my 10R. I can say that they have made huge differences in the throttle response and power delivery on both bikes. BTW, both have custom maps installed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey JK750 I did alot of looking around about that damn thing :alky It depends on what exaust setup you have. I spent alot of time on www.gixxer.com asking those gurue's what was best. What I found out was first you get the exaust you want, get the pcIIIusb, download a map from Dynojet or some place else you can find one, go get dynoed and fine tune and fine tune. :cry Too much $$$$$ for me so all I got was a Yosh TRS bolt on and a JSD switched version mod. No pc or nothing. Did get a Dyno from Dynojet and they said not to do anything to it. Pleny of horses. :flipa

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zukman said:
Hey JK750 I did alot of looking around about that damn thing :alky It depends on what exaust setup you have. I spent alot of time on www.gixxer.com asking those gurue's what was best. What I found out was first you get the exaust you want, get the pcIIIusb, download a map from Dynojet or some place else you can find one, go get dynoed and fine tune and fine tune. :cry Too much $$$$$ for me so all I got was a Yosh TRS bolt on and a JSD switched version mod. No pc or nothing. Did get a Dyno from Dynojet and they said not to do anything to it. Pleny of horses. :flipa
Yeah, I got the pipe and all the PCIII maps... But there are maps labeled 'Euro Model'.
Was wondering what the difference was? They have the exact map I need but it's under 'Euro Model'.
No matter, I will be getting it dyno tuned at Fastlane Cycles in VA.
No need for the additional ponies... just want to optimize my setup.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have heard that the Euro models are a little diff. map set than what we have. Hope you get it right, Good luck. :flipa

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the maps, and because they are labeled 'Euro Model' I can see they are different. Anybody know why?
Cat converter? How different are they and....
Oh never mind. I'll just get a custom tuned map...

·
Registered
50 Posts
the euro maps are different due to the differences in the regulations governing motorcycles here as opposed to overseas. you do not want to put a euro-spec map in your u.s. bike, that would be bad. i am running the hindle full race stepped header high-mount exhaust, pc3usb, bmc race filter, switched tre, denso iridium plugs, and the map from dynojets website. its a great combination, and imo, the new hindle is the best exhaust out there for the 03-04 1k's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
advr4 said:
the euro maps are different due to the differences in the regulations governing motorcycles here as opposed to overseas. you do not want to put a euro-spec map in your u.s. bike, that would be bad. i am running the hindle full race stepped header high-mount exhaust, pc3usb, bmc race filter, switched tre, denso iridium plugs, and the map from dynojets website. its a great combination, and imo, the new hindle is the best exhaust out there for the 03-04 1k's.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the pc3usb remap it and make the TRE useless?

·
Registered
50 Posts
unfortunately you are wrong, the pc3usb has nothing to do with timing maps, it is only for fuel. the pc3r adjusts the timing.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I used the Dynojet map one step up from stock.
The guys at the shop have been asking when I would let them do a custom map.
I like it where it is. So why spend the $$$?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because those maps aren't really optimized for your individual bike.
Why run with a PCIII if you're not really using it to it's full potential?

I was doing same as you, thinking it was running pretty good so I was happy.
Got mine on the dyno on a whim and discovered how far off the A/F ratio was.
Struck a deal for the mapping and Bam! Big improvement.

TRE makes a noticeable difference in the first two gears... and sixth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts