Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is performing pretty wierd...

the powerband starts to kick in at about 6krpms, but it's sorta weak, then at about 9k, it flies through the rpm band. This only occurs at WOT, not constant throttle. It happens in every gear.
I just regeared it too, and it seems a bit weak in the low end for having -1/+2.

I have heard it might be jets, ram air, or fuel pump. Anyone have any clues?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd look into the ram air system first. there's a bit of plumbing in it and perhaps something has worked it's way loose. There may be ignition issues. The spark plug boots on those engines have a resistor withing that sometimes fails but that usually shows up below 2500 RPM or so.

Another place to look would be the carb diaphragms. They are quite fragile and one may be torn or installed wrong.

Proper operation above 9000 RPM pretty much rules out fuel starvation.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, it turns out I was running on three cylinders until about 9krpms because the plunger to one of my carbs was torn. There was only enough suction at 9krpms to open up the carb. Patched it up temporarily, but now I need a new plunger... anyone know where to order it from, or is there anyone on here with a dealership that might be able to cut me a deal?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part number is 16126-1319 it's the vacuum valve for the carb. Anyone who has some extra carbs laying around, or can get ahold of one of these, let me know.

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
Have you tried Ronayers.com?

I was going to tell you to check you plugs and makes sure they are gapped correctly.

Weren't you the one with the messed up rear brake too? Did you get that fixed?

Stone

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My rear brake wasn't messed up, my plugs should be fine. I checked ron ayers, but I don't think they ship to military adresses. Plus, I thought someone on here might have one cheaper. It's 87.00 from ron ayers.

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
My bad. I cannot remember who here posted the picture of his rear caliber on incorrectly. I thought it was you.....

That is the only place I can think of that might have it, other than your local dealership.

Stone

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, we repaired it with some gasket maker, I dunno exactly what it is, but my buddy told me it probably wont ohld too long. Will your fix be permanent?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my buddy who helped fix it said what he used was rtv, but we didn't use any latex. He doesn't think latex is neccessary and also doesn't think the RTV will hold forever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts