Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm curious, i have been riding my buddies gsxr 600 for the past 5-6 months and am looking to get my bike before the end of the year... (gonna wait til after summer when the prices go down)

most of the guys i ride with all ride suzukis, and none of them have ridden a cbr f4i... i like the looks of the honda and was just curious if anyone here has ridden both, and how different they feel if any...

tia. :cheers

·
Squidly McSquidster
559 Posts
CBR's RULE end of story

·
Registered
65 Posts
i hate that people get so caught up into the "brand thing". :rolleyes who cares. ride what YOU think looks good and what feels comfortable for YOU. after all, it's YOUR bike. most people can't tell the difference in performance between gsxr 600 and an f4i. hell, i can't. the seat position on each is a little different, and the handling on both is outstanding. so it's pretty much whatever you feel most comfortable on.

·
Registered
951 Posts
F4i's have more relaxed (I find the gixxer more comfortable, but I am young and most disagree with me) ergonomics, slightly less power, and are probably the highest quality brand bikes you can find.

I'd say go for it, we're talking a few RWHP and besides that it's just name and colors when the bikes are this good. Welcome to SBN!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedDevil900 said:
i hate that people get so caught up into the "brand thing". :rolleyes who cares. ride what YOU think looks good and what feels comfortable for YOU. after all, it's YOUR bike. most people can't tell the difference in performance between gsxr 600 and an f4i. hell, i can't. the seat position on each is a little different, and the handling on both is outstanding. so it's pretty much whatever you feel most comfortable on.

jesus christ, i just wanted opinions from someone who has ridden both. no "brand" thing going on at all. i'm sorry that nobody i kno personally has ridden both...

i thought thats what this board was for to learn? :dunno

·
Registered
155 Posts
Petey said:
jesus christ, i just wanted opinions from someone who has ridden both. no "brand" thing going on at all. i'm sorry that nobody i kno personally has ridden both...

No worries dude. In a big community, there are always an awnrey few.

I can't help you with exactly what you're looking for. I have ridden '04 gix 600 and have a 600rr. The difference in performance is minimal, certainly less than I am able to exploit. The engines have a different feel, but I'm not sure one is better than the either (note then f4i is a different bike from the rr). The suspension is better on the rr, but I am big and never rode pure stock suspension (racetech 1.0s in front)--so that's not really fair either.

As much as people complain about Honda seats, I actually find them better. They are hard, but correctly shapped. I dig Honda refinement, quality and reliability, but they really don't have much on Suzuki in any of the departments.

But serious, they are both awesome bikes. The f4i is going to be a little less capable at the extreme limit, but in exchange you get better comfort.

which color do you like best?

·
Registered
243 Posts
IMPerfection said:
F4i's have more relaxed (I find the gixxer more comfortable, but I am young and most disagree with me) ergonomics, slightly less power, and are probably the highest quality brand bikes you can find.

I'd say go for it, we're talking a few RWHP and besides that it's just name and colors when the bikes are this good. Welcome to SBN!
And that few RWHP can be made up by a good rider. I have one friend with a zx9 and another with an RC51. My F4i takes them both off the line every time because they dont know how to launch them. Neither one of them knows how to lean in turns so I get them both there. the only time either one of them pulls on me is on a 100+MPH strightaway. The Honda is a superior bike. (there's a reason it's more expensive) More comfortable and just as capable as the GSXR.

·
Registered
951 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
And that few RWHP can be made up by a good rider. I have one friend with a zx9 and another with an RC51. My F4i takes them both off the line every time because they dont know how to launch them. Neither one of them knows how to lean in turns so I get them both there. the only time either one of them pulls on me is on a 100+MPH strightaway. The Honda is a superior bike. (there's a reason it's more expensive) More comfortable and just as capable as the GSXR.
I wouldn't go THAT far, I think the GSX-R is a (slightly) superior bike for the purpose it was designed for, racing. I also prefer its ergonomics and aesthetics. But I think the CBR is more than enough as a street bike, and I think it fits that role a bit better for most people.

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
if you plan on some track days then go with a gixxer rather than an f4i but just for going around town and normal street riding the f4i is a bit better i think. the gixxer is faster but the f4i has plenty of speed and power for anything youd need on the street. and the f4i is the most common/best stunt bike now that the 954 is out of production, just a thought :rolleyes

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have ridden both...I own a CBR and one of my friends has a GSXR.

Like some have said the GSXR is more turned for racing and might be better if you were just looking for a track bike. But I think the CBR is better if you want one bike that does everything well. I try not to be overly brand loyal, but Honda makes great bikes. I think the CBR is put together better, definitely runs smooth (the GSXR gets rather whiney over 9,000 rpms), and has much more comfortable ergos. Some complain about the seat but it has only bothered me after riding for a few hours straight...and this can be easily fixed with an after market.

So I say get the CBR if you prefer the look and find the ergos comfortable when you sit on it. Despite it not being quite as good on the track as the GSXR, like others have said, your riding skills can make up for this. Although as your skills improve you will have to worry about dragging your pegs and exhaust on the track with the CBR.

Lastly it has to be said: neither of these bikes are a good idea for a first bike. I would recommend an SV650 or even a 500 Ninja for that. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I personally like the Gixxer, you have to remember that CBR is completely different from riding postion to power delivery. Like I said I would go with Gixxer but that's just me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Petey said:

i apologize if i came across as an asshole. that was not my intention. it's just i have known so many people who won't give a honda, kawi, or whatever a chance because their a __blank__ rider. i think it's stupid for people to pigeon hole themselves into one brand of bike. but i have ridden both the gsxr 600 and an f4i. i really like them both. some have said on this thread that they call tell the difference in power, i really didn't notice all that much of difference. but because they weren't my bikes, i didn't push them extremly hard. like i said before, both are very nimble in the corners. personally, i think the honda is a bit more comfortable though. but don't just rely on what some guy on the internet said he likes. ride them both, then decide. but whatever bike you decide to go with, i don't think you'll be dissapointed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this thread was from bleh to great.

wonderful responses guys. thanks a lot.

reddevil :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts