Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading the instruction on installing a power commander and the second step is "prop the front of the fuel tank up". it doesnt say how or anything. are there just some bolts that hold it to the frame or what?

that was the only part i was confused on, the rest is just running one harness and pluggin in a few connectors.

anyone who has personally done this got anything to say about it? is it ok for the diy.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The fuel tank hinges at the point that it connect at the rear portion of the tank (near the front of the seat) you just unboolt the two bolts near the steering head and lift the tank up and prop it up. Be aware have your do it yourself prop up tool handy when you do this.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yeah remove 2 inner fairing pieces and then undo 2 allen bolts at front of tank and you should be good to go, I used a scrap piece of wood to prop my tank up temporarily.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The last time I pulled the tank up I used a box of Off citronella candles to prop it up.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I must be weird. Last time I propped it up I used bungee cord (with hoooks on ends) and attached it to the front of the tank as well as the back of the bike. It held the tank up quite firmly.

I still put something under the tank to cushion it in case it did fall, but the whole setup worked just fine.

-Q

·
Registered
858 Posts
effzeesix05 said:
how do you get the fairing pieces off?
If you have the manual look at page 85 it shows all the cowlings and screws.
The inner fairing pieces #1 in the diagram (2 allen bolts)are what you will need to take off before you can lift the tank (remove 2 allen bolts at top of tank).
Edit: in case you didn't have the manual already

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
effzeesix05 said:
the fuel hose is long enough to prop the tank up without disconnect?
Yes just be sure to check them after lowering the tank to be sure there are no kinks in that one or the vent tubes, the vent tubes run out by your right side under the brake lever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts