Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter what order I get these in? Right now I have the money for the power commander but NOT the full exhaust..

If I should get the Power Commander now, which one should I get for my bike? There are a few to choose from and I have NO experience with power commanders..

PS - Bike is an '05 GSX-R 750..

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Personally I think a Power Commander would be unnecesary on a stock bike. But most likely, if you put a full exhaust on your bike you're going to want to put a Power Commander on it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so then i should do the exhaust and power commander at the same time? how much of a difference does the power commander actually make? I have never been on a bike with one so I have no idea what to expect...

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
njssli22 said:
so then i should do the exhaust and power commander at the same time? how much of a difference does the power commander actually make? I have never been on a bike with one so I have no idea what to expect...
It made a big difference on every bike I've owned that I put a power commander and a custom map on. It really smoothed out the throttle response and the dips in the horsepower curve.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was that before? or after aftermarket exhaust?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
njssli22 said:
was that before? or after aftermarket exhaust?
It was after an aftermarket exhaust was installed.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
If you wait untill you can afford a little more,i can hook you up with a few sites that sell them as a package and you will get a better deal that way.You must first decide on a pipe though,and a slip on is a waste of money in my book to only pick up 2 or 3 HP even with the PCIII.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah it'l be full exhaust.. I just gotta wait a few weeks until I can afford it.. I'm gonna wait on the commander until i can get the exhaust.. I'll def let ya know when I'm ready for those websites though.. thanks man :)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Trackday

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey EJ, how do you like your PUIG screen? I just oredered one..

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
njssli22 said:
hey EJ, how do you like your PUIG screen? I just oredered one..
I like it. The only thing is it isn't shaped exactly the same as the stock one. You have to put the fasteners in one at a time and keep them kinda loose. Don't tighten them as you install them or the last couple of holes won't line up. Once its on though it looks and fits fine.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
RACER X said:
Like Racer said. trackday(s) + Suspension setup. Proper working suspension for your weight and riding style is the mod that will make you faster than any of the latest gizmos. :cheers

·
Registered
966 Posts
RACER X said:
+1, no mod that you put on your bike will make you faster then going on a trackday and learning how to ride your bike.....then after you learn how to ride it, thats when you put mods on it....Not vise-versa.......but if you just into sounding good....get a slip on.....or hell get a slip on, and use the rest of the money for a track day.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol, what makes ya think i dont know how to ride?

·
Registered
966 Posts
njssli22 said:
lol, what makes ya think i dont know how to ride?
Well if you do, then go on the track and make yourself faster....hell you said you tripoded you bike on the exaust can......maybe your technique needs some improvment...I dont know you, and im not saying you dont know how to ride.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i know.. im just fuckin around.. dont take it personal dude..Its all good :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
i remember reading reports in roadracing world and they only got 3-4hp on '05 bikes w/ full system and powercommander. not worth it to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts