Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wat is the point of a power commander? and which is better slip on ur bolt on. cuz someone said if i get a slip on i need a power commander y with the slip on and not with the bolt on? thanks for everyones help

where do u think i can get the cheapest D&D pipe and the cheapest power commander which is best for my bike the 01 GSXR600 thanks everyone later

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
You dont necessarily need a power commander. I hate that stupid box anywasy as it is just a cheater box. try the pipe and see how it runs. if it needs something you will know almost immediately.

For your information, I have gotten alot more out of an ignition advancer, hindle full system and an airfilter than the D&D and there are a couple options for the fuel injection.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
slipon=bolton, its the same thing.. a "full system exhaust" is the header pipe (mid-pipe, if needed) and exhaust.. and iv'e been looking for a cheap power commander and have found bout $250.. i got the same year bike but mines a 750.. and it changes your power curves to fit any aftermarket products on a bike.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
A power commander is very useful with a full exhaust system. It is often unnecessary with a simple slip-on. It gives you the ability to control your fuel maps. The website has many bike/exhaust combos already mapped, which makes it very easy. A laptop makes it even easier as you can make changes while hooked to the bike. It is a very inexpensive way to add performance and fine tuning to your ride.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
BTW since nowbody has mentioned it , please dont buy a Dumb and Dumber pipe . They suck , there way to loud , and the list goes on and on .

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I agree to try and find a better quality can than D&D.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
You should not need a Power Commander just because of a slip-on, though many bikes come from the factory lean below 3K and ANY mod which reduces turbulence or resistence of the air flow thorough the motor will further lean the mixture and cause the motor to run hot and possibly burn valves and pistons.

The earlier comment about it being a "cheater box" is essentially correct in that it operates by offsetting the sensor inputs to the original computer in order to change where on the original fuel curve the computer operates.

·
Registered
130 Posts
my bike is way to lean right now under 5 grand its a joke 8 grand it's okay but it's too lean i have a powercomander on it but some how when i wrecked it lost the map or messed it up, i have a d&d carbonfiber on my bike it was on it when i bought it,it wasn't too loud when you were just crusing not at a high rpm i got it but after about 7k more miles on it and the packing is burnt out it's insane loud i ware earplugs now and when i get up to like 14k rpm it's insane i'm going to repack it if i can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts