Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1992 CBR600f2 an I am curious about add ons for power:grin:. I just rebuilt the carbs and really it runs great, but I want more power, so I am looking for any and all recommendations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would suggest saving a little more and going for a more modern bike. You might spend money on different parts but end up frustrated only achieving the bare minimum power. Though, you can update whatever solution you used for it can be helpful.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Getting power out of a normally aspirated engine costs money. A lot of money can be spent for pretty small gains. You can improve the intake and exhaust and spend hundreds of dollars to get 6-10 Hp. It may breath better and be more responsive, but it won't actually have a lot more power. The old line of: there is no replacement for displacement applies unless you want to force air/fuel into the engine. I.E. turbocharging or supercharging. (technically a turbo is just an exhaust driven supercharger). Nitrous is really not a street application. All the other tricks for making power require machining and engine building techniques. Forget about things like booster plugs and power commanders, to get meaningful results from those you really need other mods first so the extra fuel gives real benefits.

The cheapest way to get more power is to buy a larger size bike. There are lots of cheap deals in the Winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts