Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just had my wheels powder coated with a special pearl white powder. I think it matches up with the rest of the body pretty well. Yeah, I could have saved a lot of money with just regular white powder but I think it would have looked OFF considering the body is metallic white pearl. I went ahead and replaced the wheel bearings too since the bike has 32k.

I have some crappy pics of before the powder and after. Tell me what you think.....

Before...

And after...

I know they're gonna be a chore to keep clean. Oh well, I like cleaning my bike:banana

·
Resident Breast Inspector
3,285 Posts
White wheels always look good on a bike. Good job

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody.
Yeah, I was a bit hesitant to do something "cosmetic" just for the sake of looks and all. But I'll be honest, I probably spend more time looking at it than I do actually riding it. Painful to ride for more than an hour. Lately, it seems to be more eye candy than something I want to ride much. I thought about installing dirty bars for a more comfy ride but I would hate to screw up a great handling bike. So, I think I'm going to trade it to someone who will enjoy it for what it is an get a dual-sport. I love riding my dirtbikes and think a KLR or DR would be just about right. I wish I could afford to keep it as a track-day bike and still get a commuter bike but I am having a hard time finding work lately and things don't look too good in my area. Anyways I digress.

Thanks for all the comments.

David

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What exactly about riding your bike is causing pain?

Also - who cares if its just for looks? I put rimtape on my wheels and love the look - although according to others it's a huge n00b/poser thing to do.

Here's a pic of mine with my new tires bungee'd on b/c I was going to get them changed
That's a sweet looking Kawi. I'm a big fan of wheels stripes as I believe the contrast is needed. You know something to break-up the BLACK/BLACK of the wheel and tire. Haters gotta hate,though,and anyone that says it doesn't look good or you're a poser can go fuck-off.

As for my pain, I have spinal stenosis and riding over bumps aggravates it. What is funny is I ride motocross on my 450 all the time and hit some pretty knarly jumps and my back is fine afterwards. I believe it is becase I am standing and using my legs so the force is not transmitted directly to my problem area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely a clean look. How much does it cost to do something like that?
$250.00 IIRC. It would have been much cheaper, except, I had to order a special pearl powder and it only comes in five pound shipments. As you see, my wheels only needed about two pounds, yet I paid for five. Do you know anyone who needs three pounds of pearl white powder?:blink

I also replaced the wheel bearings all around at the time. With 30k on the originals, it was due. So figure another Franklin or thereabouts.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
definitely looks better that's for sure.

I did my black rims with clear coat last summer. I wasn't to sure it would turn out like I hoped. but it turned out better.
yamaha uses a matte finish on the rims. the clear made it look so much better. I wish I thought about doing this many years ago now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts