Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figure if the seller can, meet me and Tragik in richmond, which is about in-between. Still no reply yet.

-Sam

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Are you only looking for another SV?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm pretty much looking for another SV. But no dice on this one, the guy said another buyer is flying in from Philly to look at the bike and purchase it; he had already put down a deposit on it.

Seller said:
Well the guy has put a deposit down on the bike already. He is
traveling from Philadelphia on Tuesday. Most likely the bike is sold,
but for some unforeseen circumstance it may not. I would like to wait
till Tuesday before I start the process with you.

Thanks for your interest.

Dane
:(

-Sam

·
Registered
791 Posts
for that price red he should get a better bike. IMO

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Well I think it's a decent bike for the price considering the mods.I'm sure it could be had for a few hundred less.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't need mods though, that's the thing.

If anything, mods that take away from the engine's longetivity are a no-no for me, in general. And that $4500 is a robbery for a '02, he didn't even list the mileage or whether the title is clean or not. But I did call him earlier this week to see if that was my stolen bike, but he actually sold it before mine was stolen. So whatever.

-Sam

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are nice indeed ;o

Don't have that much $$ to toss around though. I talked with my boss and hopefully I can work extra hours. I'll have to wait till winter to look for a SV; until then I might have to resort riding around a beater bike with crash cages and the whole 9 yards of ghetto.

-Sam

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
samz3r said:
I don't need mods though, that's the thing.

If anything, mods that take away from the engine's longetivity are a no-no for me, in general. And that $4500 is a robbery for a '02, he didn't even list the mileage or whether the title is clean or not. But I did call him earlier this week to see if that was my stolen bike, but he actually sold it before mine was stolen. So whatever.

-Sam
Why would those mods take away from the engine's longevity? My bike has been geared since it had 2k miles on it, and had a pip on it for over 10k miles. It won't hurt anything.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
bugeyed said:
Just curious, why are you set on an SV, why not pick up another bike. There are lots of good bikes out there.
B/c he knows what's best. :p

Actually, he's still a beginner (only ~1 month riding), and I really doubt a SS would be a wise decision (still a newbie + MUCH more likely to get stolen).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts