Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well figured I would start this thread again..

here are mine from lastnight. Myself and SteveF4i went to the local strip with a few friends. I was running my '03 R6 and he was on the '02 F4i. We both were running Devil slip-ons.

First run..


Our second run..


Wes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was deffinately a blast. It costs $15 and you can run as much as you want from 6pm-10pm. This place requires Jacket, gloves, helmet, over ankle boots to run. If you get above 136mph you need leather pants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Billy said:
Reaction times seem slow. Is that just because they're bikes?
Being bikes has nothing to do with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Link to 1/4 times.

Well, here is about every time I've run on the bike....good and bad. Don't make too much fun of me. I'm not very good at it, but I have a good time so thats all that matters.

As far as reaction time, I've nailed a few .500 or close reactions on the 929. All depends on how much focus you have when the lights drop. Lately I'm not even trying for the .500 reaction, just to get off the line cleanly. But I still suck.

Best to date:

R/T .911
60' 1.965
330' 4.937
1/8 7.321
MPH 103.13
1000' 9.398
1/4 11.121
MPH 127.85
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Billy said:
Reaction times seem slow. Is that just because they're bikes?
Being bikes has nothing to do with it. That was all rider. It was our first time ever at a strip and I still wasnt used to the Xmas tree.

A buddy on a R1 would have .4 Reaction times consistantly but he had been to a strip before.

Wes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
WesR6 said:
A buddy on a R1 would have .4 Reaction times consistantly but he had been to a strip before.

Wes
Thats a foul. .500 is perfect, anything less and you jumped the gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Sirkbac said:
Link to 1/4 times.

Well, here is about every time I've run on the bike....good and bad. Don't make too much fun of me. I'm not very good at it, but I have a good time so thats all that matters.

As far as reaction time, I've nailed a few .500 or close reactions on the 929. All depends on how much focus you have when the lights drop. Lately I'm not even trying for the .500 reaction, just to get off the line cleanly. But I still suck.

Best to date:

R/T .911
60' 1.965
330' 4.937
1/8 7.321
MPH 103.13
1000' 9.398
1/4 11.121
MPH 127.85
Pretty nice 1/4. With a 929 tho, I think you can squeeze a little more out of it and get into the 10's. Any mods?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Matt Sterbator said:
2000 ZX-12R (the faster green color) :D
Awesome time.....now I see why! Any mods on your 12R? I've seen a local 12R (I believe) at the drag with NOS, he was running the same times you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
Pretty nice 1/4. With a 929 tho, I think you can squeeze a little more out of it and get into the 10's. Any mods?
Yeah, the bike is much faster than I am. I'm not a very agressive rider.

Mods are: Micron Slip-on, HTEV Eliminator, Ignition advance, PCIII, 80mm Velocity stacks, BMC street filter.

Bike is in dire need of being remapped though. Hopefully this season I'll get that done, need to find the money first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
Billy said:
Reaction times seem slow. Is that just because they're bikes?
I guess he has not drag raced a bike! Most of the guys and ladies I do the track thing with range from .400 (Perfect) to .660's. With machines like TOP GAS rides to NINJA 250, STREET E/T machines!

Peace & Ride Well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Remember there is a Pro tree, and a Sportsman tree. On the OLD NHRA timing system, .400 was perfect on a Pro tree, and .500 was perfect on a Sportsman tree.

It's now .000 for perfect lights on both Pro and Sportsman. Some tracks still use the .400/.500 timing system though.
 

·
Sandbox hater!!
Joined
·
629 Posts
Sung what kinda of bike do you have?? Still that isn't bad your 60 foot time was ok and your reaction too. But that is one fast ass bike your trying to catch.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top