Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PhoebeusFenix said:
I wish we had some damn twisties in this flat ass place called nebraska. Anybody know of any?
best ways to find twisties are:

A) Ride for hours and try to get lost. Take the smallest roads you can find and then find your way back.

B) Ask other riders you run into. I've been hipped to so many nice roads just riding with people, and I try and put them up on my roads. Everyone in the city knows about the one I posted though.

Sometimes all you can find is a few nice turns though. You just have to keep going in circles to hit them over and over.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Closest twisties for me are about 3 hours away. But once your there.....it's like heaven.

·
Registered
218 Posts
VT RT 17. so nice.
If you ski and know of Mad River Glen (skiers only, one of two places left in the world that do that?) its the road that gets to/goes by this place. Same with sugarbush.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Here's one for you
first time on the road, went in way too hot.... If you want a neat view, go to google maps, go to cincinnati, go south from I275, to KY27, follow KY10 down to KY22, then to KY156(or maybe 165). That's my riding routes. Here's an example.

Note: The turn looks wide, and it's steep uphill before it with a crest. Just after you crest the hill you see how tight it is, and directly in front of you is a barbed wire fence and a farmhouse. Stoppies in the grass, lol.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I don't have real nice twisties near here. In fact, the only roads worth riding are the interstates, and the ones "close" to me (a 1 hour ride to get there) are straight roads, boring as hell!

The two good interstates are the "Carretera a Puebla" and "Carretera a Cuernavaca", but it takes me 1:30-2:00 hours to get to the Cuernavaca interstate or, if I'm lucky, 2 hours to get to the Puebla interstate. Ah, and that time in the city is just stop-go traffic...

So as much as I want to ride there more often, I can't really.

And to add insult to the injury, those roads are CROWDED!

Damn! This stupid third world country with its stupid and poor road planning does not make it any easy for riders!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
This was one of my favortie spots in San Diego

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
hey suss, you in mexico city?

should be good twisties to the west and southwest, no? las lomas towards toluca, I remember going that way and there were a lot of hills.

I really like D.F., especially the food and the nightlife. It's like a cheap new york city. Wouldnt mind going back one day, love mexico.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
When I lived in Pittsburgh I always did a couple of speed runs through Riverview Park, about a half mile away from my house. Pretty fun. I've been to Schenley, but every time I went through there I always saw too many people and cops.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
5niner0 said:
When I lived in Pittsburgh I always did a couple of speed runs through Riverview Park, about a half mile away from my house. Pretty fun. I've been to Schenley, but every time I went through there I always saw too many people and cops.
wow... talk about bringing a thread back from the dead.
The last post in here was on June 19th!!

yeah, schenley tends to have cops in it occasionally. it used to be alot worse, they scared away all the riders, and now it's better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sibling said:
Were you from man? I am pretty sure that roads near me... *looks at pashnit.com because i know that pic is from there*
Yeah i got it off pashnit.com. I live up in Murrieta, so its like 15 minuets south of me.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Rodes said:
Yeah i got it off pashnit.com. I live up in Murrieta, so its like 15 minuets south of me.
Lucky bastard... o well we have the famous mosquito Ridge RD.
137 turns

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Rodes said:

Another great shot of Palomar mountain.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts