Sport Bikes banner

881 - 900 of 925 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well you and drummer are "1 or 2 bad apples" on this motorcycle site but as a whole it does not ruin the site and most certianly does not leave other members thinking that everyone on this site is a drug addict or conspiracy theorist. It simply makes for some silly off topic posts from some "colorful" characters that most people will simply ignore. You know how every town has a few of "those people", the regular folk just pretend like they do not exist and life goes on. It sort of works that way here too ;)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Man gets life in prison "with hard labor" over $20 of weed. All you federales can sleep well tonight knowing the system is keeping such violent hardened criminals off our streets. I'm sure mrphoto would have nailed him with the death penalty by firing line

Life In Prison For $20 of Weed
Don't say "federales". He's obviously not doing federal time. There is no hard labor in the federal system. The hardest thing he would have to do is cut grass with a push mower on the landscaping detail. Now you need to hope you don't travel to his state, with your meth habit you will do life plus 20 :)

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Texas town dumped it's police department and hired private security

61% drop in crime

Not only is SEAL more successful at crime prevention than traditional law enforcement, they’re cheaper. Sharpstown is saving $200,000 per year over their previous contract with the constable, and they get more patrol officers for less money.

Civil libertarians will appreciate the accountability of SEAL’s officers; they cannot hide behind qualified immunity and police unions. “We do not receive the same protection, as we are in the private sector,” Alexander states, “However we are not bound by the same restraints either, like violating civil rights.” While his second statement may be a little troubling, it should be noted that because of their private sector status, any SEAL officer who crosses the line can be held personally liable, both criminally and financially, unlike government agents.
Opinion: It’s time to consider privatized policing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Texas town dumped it's police department and hired private security

61% drop in crime

Opinion: It’s time to consider privatized policing
I would not want to do that job with the sue happy people in this country. I mean if a person can sue for spilling a hot drink on themselves and win then imagine the possibilities with this!

I think the reason it is down is because they report on the Filed arrests. If you don't write citations and do arrests then the report will show lower crime IMO.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I would not want to do that job with the sue happy people in this country. I mean if a person can sue for spilling a hot drink on themselves and win then imagine the possibilities with this!

I think the reason it is down is because they report on the Filed arrests. If you don't write citations and do arrests then the report will show lower crime IMO.
Meant to quote... you must not have seen the pictures of the 3rd degree burns that woman got from the McD coffee

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Meant to quote... you must not have seen the pictures of the 3rd degree burns that woman got from the McD coffee
Did the person handing her the coffee sill it on her or did she spill it on herself after it was in her possession? If the employee spilled it on her then I can see why she might win a law suit. If she spilled it on herself then its not McD's fault. Coffee is HOT (I know it surprised me as well). Maybe I should sue Gerber because their knife was sharp and it cut me. I should look up the case because I don't remember much about it but I have plenty of questions about that one.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
She spilled it on herself. Regardless, why would they serve coffee at 190 degrees? I don't buy coffee so I can drink it in 20 minutes, I want to drink as soon as it's handed to me without having to dump a quarter of it out and add 10 creamers. The woman needed skins grafts on 6% of her body. Gerber doesn't sell open knives at drive thru windows

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Then this same woman should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle, it is large and moves at a high rate of speed, if she hits something she may be injured or killed. If you can handle what is given to you, don't take it. I like my coffee hot and know that as coffee, it may be such.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
So the McDonald's coffee suit is actually rather interesting. It is apocryphal for frivolous lawsuits, but really doesn't pass the test, I've seen far worse. There had been numerous complaints about the scalding temperatures of McDonald's coffee, which were far hotter than required for any safety. And the woman suffered third very painful third degree burns. Give a coffee to someone in a car and it is possible the thing will be spilled.

Anyhow, the woman won big, but not so big on McDonald's appeal. Like I said, I've seen worse. There was a suit against the aviation engine manufacturer Lycoming, because the lawyer said that the witnesses to the airplane crash, who all said it was aft-loaded and entered an aerodynamic stall with the engine making full power, were wrong and that the airplane really crashed because the design for the carburetors (which have been manufactured for decades) was wrong and that the engine failed.

Better, yet the suit against the vacuum pump maker Parker Hannifen in the Mel Carnahan crash. They were basically sued because they made a machine that could break. And yes, the plaintiffs won big time.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
She spilled it on herself. Regardless, why would they serve coffee at 190 degrees? I don't buy coffee so I can drink it in 20 minutes, I want to drink as soon as it's handed to me without having to dump a quarter of it out and add 10 creamers. The woman needed skins grafts on 6% of her body. Gerber doesn't sell open knives at drive thru windows
Did the employee see her spill it on herself? McDonalds should have sued the people making the lids because the lid must have failed to stay attached when she spilled the drink. Honestly I don't care about McDonalds or Coffee or any of that. I would be fine if they just stopped selling Coffee or turn the temp up even higher. It is simply my opinion that if the lady spilled it on herself then she is at fault. To add to that if it was not on tape or with an employee witness then there is no way to tell if it was the Coffee that did it without any help from the lady herself. A microwave and a couple minutes and you could have yourself Millions of dollars.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If a jury decided they deserved the money then what is the problem? They certainly had all the details on the case unlike yourself and the conspiracy site you posted.
http://www.dailynews.com//government-and-politics/20150319/2-latino-lapd-officers-on-desk-duty-since-2010-shooting-awarded-4-million-by-jury

"Corrales testified that he was offered a security job at Dodger Stadium and that he needs the additional money in addition to his $96,000 annual salary to support his family and other relatives.

Smith said the officers' fates were sealed when they sued the city.

"Beck believes that because they sued the department on this date, they're not expressing the proper remorse," Smith said. "That, ladies and gentlemen, is retaliation."

But Deputy City Attorney Daniel Aguilera said it would be wrong to award millions of dollars to two officers who did not follow their LAPD training about when to use or not use deadly force.

"These officers used very poor tactics," Aguilera said in his closing remarks. "This is outrageous."

Diego drove the patrol so near to Washington that the officers had little chance to take cover and assess the situation before Corrales shot Washington, Aguilera said.

"They should never have been that close," he said."

That enough details for you prick?

881 - 900 of 925 Posts