Sport Bikes banner

1221 - 1240 of 1274 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
had Progressive, but found out that our future plans for bikes is much cheaper with GEICO and my current ride has better coverage and lower premiums... $410/yr.

would you believe i can get a '12 ZX-14R, same coverage but even lower premium? yep. stunned me too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
had Progressive, but found out that our future plans for bikes is much cheaper with GEICO and my current ride has better coverage and lower premiums... $410/yr.

would you believe i can get a '12 ZX-14R, same coverage but even lower premium? yep. stunned me too.
Yep, I would believe it. Kawasaki's are much cheaper. Plus I used to have a 14 so that helps. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yep, I would believe it. Kawasaki's are much cheaper. Plus I used to have a 14 so that helps. :D
the weird thing is.... a Busa is even cheaper....

on a sidenote, my wife was curious what our premium would be for a GW.... $11/month. WTF??? i realize it's an old man bike, but $26k bike for that lil money?

·
Registered
905 Posts
the weird thing is.... a Busa is even cheaper....

on a sidenote, my wife was curious what our premium would be for a GW.... $11/month. WTF??? i realize it's an old man bike, but $26k bike for that lil money?
Now that is hard to believe. Last time I priced insurance for a busa it was extremely expensive. What really surprised me was when I had my MV Agusta F4 1000R it was cheaper than any of my other bikes including a zx6r and a zzr1400.

·
The Mach3 Kid
102 Posts
Insurance rates are Dependent on several things, and the insurance "payouts" are one of the most compelling things for the insurance companies. The more expensive and exclusive a motorcycle the more likely the owner is older and more responsible and less likely to get in self caused incidents as compared to your "run of the mill" 600 sport bike (the bike of choice for young squiddly types) ridden by a late teen or early 20's squid. That is why a KTM, Aprilla, a MV Agusta, a Busa or a ZX14 can get better rates sometimes. Or it may seem so on the surface.

·
Registered
86 Posts
$517 for a full year with Progressive through USAA.

Full coverage with $100 deductible and I'm 30 years old and married. Clean record and good credit too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone ever done any data analysis on all these insurance reports??
Would be cool to see what the trends are - by provider, age, location, coverage level, etc..

sorry, my day job sneaking into this thread as an IT manager...

·
Registered
465 Posts
$2200/yr on my 2012 ZX10, $1400/yr on my 2007 zx10. Full coverage 100/300/100, 500 deduct, State Farm.

I have a clean record, did total my 2011 zx10 when a deer tboned me earlier this year.

The DC area is notoriously expensive to insure. I'm about to switch to GEICO because they gave me a quote of about 40% less.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a 2005 sv650s and dairyland insurance. My coverages are 100/300 bodily injury, same for uninsured and underinsured. 500 deductibles for comprehensive and collision. I think 50k for property damage and 5k for extra medical although I have good medical at work too.

There are some other things dairyland throws in for coverage. Can't remember all of it though. I pay $57 bucks a month for it and I'm 26, living in Philadelphia. One of the worst places to have insurance. For my car I have geico with 50/100 bodily injury and the same for uninsured and underinsured. Full coverage on the car too and it's $140 a month. Well it was, it just renewed and they jacked it up to 156. All other places I got quoted from are still more expensive.

Clean record, one accident not my fault from 2012. Some lady tboned my car because she ran a stop sign. I really hate how expensive insurance is in the Philly area.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was paying £149 full comp on my 2010 R1 that got stolen by some low life degenerate scum bag that prob never ever has done an honest days work in his entire squalid little life cycle....... rant over

Now thanks to the theft i am paying £780 full comp for my new 2013 R1:facepalm

1221 - 1240 of 1274 Posts