Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Third season rider. One honda, one big crash, one suzuki, a couple trackdays, two sets of leathers, two sets of boots, two helmets, four knee sliders, oil changes, plug changes, plastics off, plastics on, 1 battery, three sets of tires, lots of gas, lots of caffeine, radiator flush, intro to waterwetter, LOTS of rain riding, LOTS of gravel, LOTS of sand, LOTS of wet leaves, two chains, four sprockets, two bike stands, lots of wd40, lots of rags, two kinds of chain lube, one gallon of kerosene, AND HUNDREDS OF DUMBASS CAGERS. It's been a wild ride from that first week wobbling around in the big ol parking lot. I consider myself very much the newb still. Mileage I guess around 27,000.

Attachments

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Sounds like you've had quite an adventure with it all. I've been riding for about 9 1/2 months... I have two bikes, a ninja 250 and an SV650. Repaired a whole bunch of stuff, don't feel like listing it all. Wrecked my SV a couple months ago, still repairing it... Knocked the ninja over while I was working on it, and dropped the SV while making a very slow turn through a puddle (be careful in the rain kids). I still consider myself a nOOb even after 4000 miles or so... lots of things for me left to learn, and hopefully I'll be able to go a while without wrecking another bike.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spike your avatar is killing me man. :eek:nfloor Cool looking cat. Basturd I clicked your "bike pics". :upyours

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
lessee..second season rider, just shy of 2k, oil changes, plastics off, plastics on, power sliding through gravel, highway riding (no not a nice highway either), nearly crunched by SUVs/minivans, waved at by Harley riders and even had some nice chats with them. Lasered by a motocop wooo, rain, hail, sleet riding, chicks waving, chicks flashing, and now developing an immense enjoyment for twisties. :heart

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
steeltoe said:
Spike your avatar is killing me man. :eek:nfloor Cool looking cat. Basturd I clicked your "bike pics". :upyours
I know, I seriously laugh at my avatar every time I see it... even if nobody else liked it I would keep it up cause I'm so damn amused.

Sorry about the false pretenses... I gotta make that money man, one addict at a time hahaha

·
Registered
912 Posts
3 months, 2000 miles. Did my own 600 mile maintainanace, will be taking it in for the scheduled maintainance from now on. Set the bike down gently twice, once in my driveway (20 degree slope = very hard to pick it up) and once during my DMV exam (she passed me anyways... must've smiled right.) I don't know if it's the way I ride or what but I've only had one person try to kill me on the highway and that was a trucker at 2mph.

All in all, I'm very addicted exactly as I knew I would be.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Third season
three bikes
12k miles
A few close calls, but no accidents

·
Registered
205 Posts
6 miles in my sub, just got it today and it was almost dark when I got home.

·
Registered
238 Posts
1 drop on my katana 600 practicing low speed maneuvers in a parking lot... got too close to the border and instead of looking in the turn focused on it and paniced and slid... LOL... wouldnt make the same mistake again, thank god for practice.
1 accident on my new GSXR600 freaggin car cut me up and hit my front tire send me sliding on the gorund at 50mph.
Bike still in the shope can't wait to get back riding, been a good year besides that!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Put a lot into the bike. New battery, flush coolant, oil changes. Reupholstered my own seat and have an extra waiting to be reupholstered. Went through two seats of tires. Have two helmets, two pair of gloves, A* boots, AGV 2 pc, icon leg armor, teknic jacket. Learned a lot messing with the bikes mechanics. Learned how to wheelie. Lots of comutting to work and school, lots of canyon riding, some rain riding. Lowsided about a month or ago. Bike was fucked but I had full leathers on so I'm good. Looking for a the next bike now. Must of put at least 10k miles on the ol F3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts