Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna see 'em!

The 748 and Monster series are both on my list of possible next bikes, I'm just worried that I wouldn't be able to do most of my own maintenance because I was told Ducati has a bunch of specialty tools they made to do certain jobs but either way I still love them.

So yeah, post 'em!

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Here's my scruffy ol' Monster (although it does have a new seat since this pic).

PhilB

Attachments

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
2003 620 SS

Bought the bike with 2090 miles, previous owner had an oil change and two belts replaced right before I got it.
Minor maintenance so far, by me: oil change, headlight bulb replacement, air filter cleaning
upcoming maint: brake pad replacement (me), new tires(shop), brake fluid flush and refill(shop).

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I am sure you saw this coming.

Attachments

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
While I believe either is perfectly acceptable amongst the ducatista (<-- I hate that word, lol), I prefer 'duck'
That is, of course, the American bastardization of the proper Italian pronunciation. It should be "doo-kah-tee," rather than "duh-kah-tee."

It's the equivalent of calling the big four Hone-dah, Kay-way-sack-ih, Yam-ay-hay, and Suh-zucky.

I've never understood why any Ducati owner would rather pronounce it as if it's a moronic bird who gets hunted rather than a noble leader of men. lol

·
Life begins at 40
487 Posts
That is, of course, the American bastardization of the proper Italian pronunciation. It should be "doo-kah-tee," rather than "duh-kah-tee."

It's the equivalent of calling the big four Hone-dah, Kay-way-sack-ih, Yam-ay-hay, and Suh-zucky.

I've never understood why any Ducati owner would rather pronounce it as if it's a moronic bird who gets hunted rather than a noble leader of men. lol
It's like when people pronounce Porsche like porch. Drives me insane.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
I pronounce the whole word correctly, don't worry. but i also pronounce Duc, phonetically, duck. tomato/tomato, you know.

maybe it is because of the ktm super duke, but the calling them dukes just bothers me.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Holy shit you guys need something else to think about.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
I pronounce the whole word correctly, don't worry. but i also pronounce Duc, phonetically, duck. tomato/tomato, you know.

maybe it is because of the ktm super duke, but the calling them dukes just bothers me.
I don't think I've ever run into someone who pronounced tomato "toe-MAH-toe." If I did, then I'm reasonably sure I'd have to stab them in the face repeatedly. :D

What gets me is Brits who add an "R" which doesn't exist to the ends of words that end in an "ah" sound. So "Obama" becomes "Obamar."

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think I've ever run into someone who pronounced tomato "toe-MAH-toe." If I did, then I'm reasonably sure I'd have to stab them in the face repeatedly. :D

What gets me is Brits who add an "R" which doesn't exist to the ends of words that end in an "ah" sound. So "Obama" becomes "Obamar."

I can attest to this lol

I have a pal that moved here from England and everytime he says Honda, for instance, he says Honder, I jokingly laugh nearly everytime lol

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's my scruffy ol' Monster (although it does have a new seat since this pic).

PhilB

Still the most badass bike on the site as far as I'm concerned!

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
How many different engine sizes were there for the Monsters in the U.S.? Also I heard European spec Monsters all had plastic fuel tanks, and all U.S. spec models had metal?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts