Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright all you Bama folks. We have got to get posting and set something up. We have got some pretty good roads around here, but we have got to get organized. I don't see too many folks from Alabama on here, but I do see quite a few bikes out and about. I am new to Alabama, so I don't know too many people, but I will get the few I know signed up so we can start getting some rides together.

I went for a solo ride yesterday, I took back roads from Greenville, to Troy, up to Montgomery, grabbed a bite to eat, and then rode home. I enjoyed it very much, but it is always fun to ride with a group too.

If we start getting together and having some good rides, we may even make the FL people jealous. So anyway, post up with when you are available to ride, and if you have any suggestions for a good group ride. If we can get some ideas together, we might just have some fun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm kind of a long way from you guys up here in the Shoals Area, but got some great roads. I like to ride on Sunday morning while all the good folks are in church and off the roads.

·
Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty
1,187 Posts
This weekend a bunch of us from Mobile are going to Jennings GP for a track day. Look for a black enclosed trailer with a blue dodge pulling it, and my Z1000. I'll have either green & black or bue & silver leathers on.

BTW, I went to Pensacola on Saturday and test rode a Buell XB9R Firebolt. Daddy Likes the 'Bolt !!!

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was actually thinking of riding north this weekend. Maybe a trip up to 29 Dreams. Anybody want to hook up for that one let me know. I am thinking up on Sat. Run 25 early Sun, then home.

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jmprice73 said:
What/Where is 29 Dreams? I'm locked up this weekend with other crap but if something changes I'm in.
http://www.29dreams.com/

It is a motorcycle only country club southeast of B'ham. A good ride just to get there for us L.A. riders. It is set on hwy 25, which is bama's "best" road. Kind of like a mini Deals Gap. I have never been, but I hear it is great. If I can't find a riding partner for this weekend, we may try and get something together another time. That is a pretty long trip to make solo.

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jmprice73 said:
What/Where is 29 Dreams? I'm locked up this weekend with other crap but if something changes I'm in.
You are in Enterprise... near Dothan? or Billingsly?

Man Alabama has got at least 2 towns for each name.

·
WhiteTrash
7 Posts
Yes, I'm here in Enterprise. Dothan is about 25 miles east from Enterprise. I checked out 29 Dreams, seems pretty cool. I should know by Thursday night if I can ride otherwise we can set another time up. Peace.

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jmprice73 said:
Yes, I'm here in Enterprise. Dothan is about 25 miles east from Enterprise. I checked out 29 Dreams, seems pretty cool. I should know by Thursday night if I can ride otherwise we can set another time up. Peace.

Sounds cool. Let me know. I would like to go, but it is quite a ride to make solo.

·
Registered
556 Posts
49 & 50 are the roads most hit in the montgomery/wetumpka/tallassee area. i lost track of everyone when i sold my bike two years ago.

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zx6rracer said:
49 & 50 are the roads most hit in the montgomery/wetumpka/tallassee area. i lost track of everyone when i sold my bike two years ago.
Cool, thanks man! I was wondering which roads were best up there. I have been searching around and haven't found too many that weren't traffic clogged or mindbendingly straight.

·
Registered
556 Posts
49&50 are an all day ride. hardly no traffic, but if your not an expierenced rider, literally, you can kill yourself on those roads. the turns are really tight, and lots of them. if you go off the road, be prepared to call a tow truck to pull your bike back up the 30 foot drops. i know of at least three people that have died on the 49 part of the ride in the last three years. one was a really good friend of mine. if you can, coordinate your rides with the wetumpka folks. and listen to them. if they say, don't pass me, don't pass them.

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd love to hook up for a ride, but north of Birmingham is a bit far for me on a day ride when I still have some vinyl siding to finish putting up. Keep posting, maybe we can get something setup another time. Anyway, Greenville area, short rides (3-4hrs) this weekend let me know.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm going to try and get out for a ride tomorrow morning...probably my usual loop from northern JeffCo into Walker/Blount/Cullman CO's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
zx6rracer said:

Yea, 50 is about my favorite...just too short.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts