Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up ladies and gents?!

Lets get a post going with a list of people and locations, I'll start out...

Dominic, zx7r
Beaverton
217 & Scholls area...

·
Registered
178 Posts
wat up :banana yay for oregon!

Eugene, OR
baby ninja (but i can still keep up in the hills lol)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eugene hu? You going to school down their or raised in Eugene?

Nothing wrong with a 250...better than starting out on a 900+ like some ppl.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yeah man lol get comfy on a bike then i will go b***** :boink

both actually i was raised here and im going to UO so im used to the oregon weather :eek:nfloor glad to see some1 else in oregon on these forums i will have to head up to p town sometime and we can ride around if ur down:idea

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
/\ always down to ride... I see tons of bikes on the road when its sunny over my way, but I guess most Oregonians don't know how to use the web maybe? haha

·
Two-stroke addict
533 Posts
Well technically we're not in Oregon, but Vancouver is close....except for jaunts down 224 to Detroit Lake, and a few other roads, we generally stay on this side of the river. Our main haunt is SR503 between Battle Ground & Cougar, and in the summer, also between Cougar & Mt. St. Helens. Forest Service roads 90, 25 & 99 are my idea of heaven on earth.

Have you guys ever ridden the "Aufderheide" memorial road in central Oregon? It goes from McKenzie Bridge to Oakridge. Another GREAT road.

Hmmmm about 2 more months & Windy Ridge will be open again!! :banana

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Bert!

Quicklimegirl;
If your looking for a really nice mountian curvy climb that overlooks Downtown Portland check out Patton Road inbetween Scholls Ferry and SW Vista. Its an awesome ride with the best view of downtown Portland imaginable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
na mckenzie bridge and oakridge never ran that road. im pretty new to the bike scene so i need all the good spots to go. :beer go oregonians! :welcome

·
Two-stroke addict
533 Posts
GelFreak91 said:
Quicklimegirl;
If your looking for a really nice mountian curvy climb that overlooks Downtown Portland check out Patton Road inbetween Scholls Ferry and SW Vista. Its an awesome ride with the best view of downtown Portland imaginable.
I don't know the SW area very well. Do you have a cross-street to access it from, or a landmark/address I can map it with? I'm always looking for close-in twisties, all the hidden gems in any metro area!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=220898&cdate=20070421&ctime=122747
I linked a google map with the area circled on it. Its only about a 5 mile ride, but it takes you through a REALLY nice neighborhood area (high speeds acceptable, i've never seen a cop on the road and I drive it daily...35mph is the posted) and it takes you up and over the west hills that over look downtown from the SW side. Amazin sun rise view. On a clear day you can see mount hood in the background of the skyline.

·
Registered
178 Posts
GelFreak91 said:
/\ lets get the camera out and do some dirt jumps with the rockets! :p
rofl :eek:nfloor

nice to hear from another oregonian:beer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
awesome day we had today...well if you don't count the soccer ball I took to the face during a game after work...

·
Registered
75 Posts
heya, I am in Tualatin. I ride a 04 Yamaha Fz6.
My favorite places to ride are Bald Peak, Sholls, Vernonia, Hwy 224 Estacada up to Fish Creek bridge, Redland Rd. But I think that my favorite would be the old Bend hwy into Alfafa. this route loops you from Bend into Redmond (in the outskirts) The terrain on that side of the mountain is so flat, for the most part, that you can see COMPLETELY though the corners which allows you run hot the whole ride if traffic permits. Its like 40 miles of "track". Freaking amazing! Oh and The road that takes you to Tumalo falls is one of those roads that is desserted most of the time and has 40-50 mph curves. TALK ABOUT AN OPPRTUNITY YOU CANT PASS UP.
My favorite on this side of the moutain would be a toss between Bald Peak to Vernonia then down into Scappose and home or Redland rd into Estacada then up hwy 224 and back. LOL i guess that is almost all of the routes I first listed. ;)
Happy riding!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts