Sport Bikes banner

2641 - 2660 of 3642 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
What drove you to replace the 636 with the '08? Just curious.
Everyone asks me this. I have not tested the 08 yet and I moved to the 636 from the 250R. I have no way of comparing power. I didnt really ride the 636 to the limit so I dont think I'll miss the extra 37ccs

The 08 is newer, has less miles, and looks pretty. Its not all about power I hope.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
my 05 gsxr600

·
Registered
43 Posts
my 2007 Honda CBR600RR being unloaded

the race bike with the track car in the background (1987 BMW 325is)

the race bike with the daily driver in the background (2005 Honda Civic Si)

the race bike at Jennings GP earlier this year

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Everyone asks me this. I have not tested the 08 yet and I moved to the 636 from the 250R. I have no way of comparing power. I didnt really ride the 636 to the limit so I dont think I'll miss the extra 37ccs

The 08 is newer, has less miles, and looks pretty. Its not all about power I hope.
let us take a look:

636:

600:

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
The thing about the '07-'08's was the lack of power they had, not only compared to the 636's they replaced, but also the other middleweights of the same generation. While most '07-'08 supersports were running about 102-107 RWHP, the '07-'08 ZX6R put down 98.x HP, and the jumper mod helped bump it up around 103 RWHP.

The 636 had not only a screaming top end, but a nice midrange that the competing 599cc bikes lacked.

The '07-'08 was also a porker by middleweight standards, and heavier than the 636 it replaced. Heavier and much less powerful, but a smoother-shifting transmission and better brakes (the Nissins received praise over the previous gen's Tokicos).

I know it's not always about power, but I was just curious about the decision is all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The thing about the '07-'08's was the lack of power they had, not only compared to the 636's they replaced, but also the other middleweights of the same generation. While most '07-'08 supersports were running about 102-107 RWHP, the '07-'08 ZX6R put down 98.x HP, and the jumper mod helped bump it up around 103 RWHP.

The 636 had not only a screaming top end, but a nice midrange that the competing 599cc bikes lacked.

The '07-'08 was also a porker by middleweight standards, and heavier than the 636 it replaced. Heavier and much less powerful, but a smoother-shifting transmission and better brakes (the Nissins received praise over the previous gen's Tokicos).

I know it's not always about power, but I was just curious about the decision is all.
Thanks for the input, I guess I'll have to wait to see how significant the feel is :)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I think I only have these pictures online, these are currently on my stable:

The SV after fixing it, I was t-boned by a red light runner in December.

It needed these:

The XT660R in Paso de Cortes:

Volcanic ash is... weird, like sand?

The CBR at the track:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
wasn't that CBR a Repsol bike last year???
Yup Repsol was stolen in Sept right out of the garage while I was home....

This one is mine though... so it the RC8 :leaving Trying to sell the RC8 and husband told me to go ahead and get the Honda since the only color I wanted was an '09 color and getting damn hard to find.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Your husband is without a bike since the Repsol was stolen? What is he planning to replace it with?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Your husband is without a bike since the Repsol was stolen? What is he planning to replace it with?
He doesn't know... He's been researching and keeps saying he wants a 2012 Honda since he thinks it's going to be the bike to have. But he wants something for this year. He's now thinking of just buying any cheap honda and then selling it at the end of the season and getting the 2012 when it comes out. I think this is a horrible idea but.. whatever..
He was looking at the ZX10R as well... not sure what he thinks though? He kinda needs to ride one.

He was talking about just paying on the KTM and riding it all year but $325 a month on top of his truck payment isn't a good idea either...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Don't remember if I posted in here yet..

My 05 YZF600R I picked up last year, in it's daily commuter configuration.

I've chopped the fender and done a few other things since then..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup Repsol was stolen in Sept right out of the garage while I was home....

This one is mine though... so it the RC8 :leaving Trying to sell the RC8 and husband told me to go ahead and get the Honda since the only color I wanted was an '09 color and getting damn hard to find.
Why selling the RC8?
Looking to sell local?
$$$?

2641 - 2660 of 3642 Posts