Sport Bikes banner

post/review the exhaust you have

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  jusfuris 
#1 ·
Im looking to buy a slip/bolt on can for my bike soon, but could use some reviews. ive done the search thing and didnt find quite what i was looking for.

anyway post up what you got on your bike and how it sounds and if you noticed a HP increase.

the three main ones im looking at right now are:

Yoshimura - as everyone seems to love these for some reason
Scorpion - cause of the price
Tsukigi - cause i had it on my 02 gixxer 600 and loved it (but its hard to find and expensive. plus no one knows of them so resale value is almost shot.)

any suggestions would be great! im looking to spend no more than $200, so buying used is an option!

#2 ·
I've got a Yosh TRS bolt-on, in stainless. I love the sound, which is why I bought it. I've always loved Yoshimuras sound. I don't know that it improved the performance of my bike any since it's just a bolt-on. It was just for sound & looks as far as I'm concerned.

#5 ·
Well, I have a 600, so won't sound deep no matter what you do to it. :lol But if you want loud, a Yoshimura is probably not the way to go. I like them b/c they sound good but are NOT loud. Though they are quite a bit louder than the stock exhaust.

#7 · (Edited)
ok thanks. yeah i didnt think it would get too deep as compared to a 1000 or so.

i think ill just get whichever one comes up at a good deal first.

which do you guys think would be best, and or that you would pick?

a used Yoshi (first model of that brand i find) for around $150-$160, or a new in the box Scorpion Titanium for around $180?

#11 ·
Have the LeoVince SBK bolt on...sounds great, less weight, combined with K&N maybe a few hp at higher RPMs...

#18 ·
Yoshimura TRC

I fitted a Yoshimura TRC Carbon race slip on to my K6, sounds awesome and looks excellent. I also fitted a BMC race filter and a PCIII USB. Just got the bike back from the dyno and it made a gain of 10bhp over standard, thats 115bhp at the back wheel. Not bad! I would recommend Yoshi's but make sure it is appropriate for the use of the bike, no point getting a high end race system if you are not going to get it set-up properly or dont intend to track the bike. Also, if your bike has an exhaust valve not much point replacing the headers if you are not doing any engine work, you wont gain much power and you will definately lose midrange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.