Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, a HUGE thanks goes out to Rob and the staff at Rob's Performance for hosting the Memorial Day Charity Ride for this the third year, not to mention providing the food and raffle prizes.

I forget how many bikes/riders Ben told me were there...I think it was 23. We left Rob's as one large group with myself leading the group and Tom as the backmarker (Thanks, Tom!). It was really nice to just take the route at a slow to moderate pace so as to keep the group together and to accommodate all the styles of bikes and riders. I was able to look at things on the route I hadn't seen before because on previous rides of this route the pace was moderate to fast.

Besides very little rain around the Stone Bank/Oconomowoc area, the weather was in the high 50's/low 60's and partly sunny/cloudy towards the end of the ride. Every time we seemed to be riding towards a rain cloud, we ended up changing directions as the cloud in question moved off towards the east. Really nothing to complain about at all...a generally nice day for riding for a good cause.

Another thanks goes out to the four members of the Victory Power Riders who joined us on the ride...you have some incredible/visually stunning bikes. Also, it was really nice to meet a few new SBN members as well: SteveR6 (Steve) and Tim (I forget your screen name) and your wife. I also want to thank Malik and Sara for making it out...it was really great to have the two of you there. Not to forget Scott, Michelle, Ben, and Tanya for taking care of everything else. Greg and Tony, Ben told us that the two of you stopped at Rob's while we were out riding...what's up and sorry to have missed the two of you.

Click --> Here <-- for the pictures!
If anyone would like unsized/uncropped versions of the pictures, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
One more thing, Tom cleaned up with the prizes this year (just like Andy did last year). He also won the final raffle prize, a set of Dunlop tires donated by Rob's Performance. Lucky bastard :twofinger

Unlike last year, I had a few more tickets and got a few things besides pity prizes (like last year). I am most excited about my new Polar-Optics amber lens. Thanks again, Rob!

Ben, this is the pic I was talking about earlier...you throwing things at Andy last year when one of his MANY numbers was called...

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Yes, a big thanks to Rob's Performance, and the staff, along with Scott and Michelle for providing the music and helping with the registration and raffle.

What can I say, I guess I did clean up, but I really wish I had not. I would have rather seen more people donate and give more money to the cause than win so many prizes. Thast not really why I gave another $60, I just wanted to help. So with that being said, I am also very grateful for what I won. Hats, shirts, helmet bag, a bunch of other stuff, and of course the big prize, a set of Dunlop tires. Unfortunately, the company that Robs is getting them through does not carry the 208 GP-A's. So I think Ill will be getting the 208ZR or the 207RR.

Like I said before, Im glad I won all this stuff, and we did throw out my numbers a lot that day as well, but I wish more of the people donated more money because it did go to a good cause and thats what the ride was for.

Oh yeah, Ben, Scott, and anyone else concerned about the speed of the day, I think my speedo is off by like 30%, so when I said we hit 100, it was probably more like 70, so no worries.

·
Registered
266 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
Oh yeah, Ben, Scott, and anyone else concerned about the speed of the day, I think my speedo is off by like 30%, so when I said we hit 100, it was probably more like 70, so no worries.
are all poser bikes that way? i know mine isnt' off that far. :neener

·
1,752 Posts
Yes, all poser bikes are like that. Thats why my bike can go 240 mph, stock.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
It was a great experience for me and a scenic ride. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Glad to hear that you all had a good time and sorry that I wasn't able to be there when everyone else was there.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hey, thanks to everyone that came and donated money. It all goes to a great cause and every little bit helps. I had a great time and am sincerely appreciative of everybody that came out no Saturday! It was nice meeting some more of you that I hadn't had a chance to get to know yet.

Tom - don't worry about the speed, we were just giving you a hard time. :neener

Steve, what was the problem with the guy on the freeway after the ride on the way to Madison? I was right behind you in the cargo van when we went by him. I would have pulled over but we were on a tight schedule. BTW - a little warning with that abrupt slow-down next time. :p Everything turn out ok?

·
Registered
62 Posts
lol, sorry about that. Turns out he just ran out of gas. Lucky for him, he was apparently following another guy in a chevy blazer or some such who had stopped about a half mile up the road.

·
1,752 Posts
diamond said:
Thanks for coming out and helping to raise money for the ADA!
We donated money to dentists? I thought it was for helping diabetes research.

:neener

·
Banned
145 Posts
I'm a little late but ... THANK YOU to everyone that came, dontated money to the ADA (American Diabets Association), and rode! And CONGRATS to all the lucky prize winners! It ended up being much better weather than last year, so the ride could actually happen. It was also nice meeting some more SBNers too!

Tom and Brian, let me know when you want to get your prizes. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts