Sport Bikes banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
1996 FZR 600

Everything done to the bike can be seen here but if you want cliff notes...

Offset ignition key for advancing the timing
Pro shift kit
Titanium Pro jet kit
V&H SS2R full exhaust
SDP HH+ sintered pads

I love this bike... beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I cannot get away from the FZR style. To me they are some of the most gorgeous bikes made in the 90s, and I love the bikes from that era.

The shifts are solid. The engine is smooth throughout the entire power band. It sounds badass. I think I found a keeper.

The kicker for me is that it's 13 years old, has 23000 miles yet it's still in far better condition than both of my younger ninjas that have half as many miles...

Below is the dyno from the work the guys at sport rider did

·
Registered
152 Posts

Picked it up last fall, already decided to sell it in the Spring. I can't seem to ride more than 45 minutes without having to get off it. It is an absolute blast for that brief time however.

·
Registered
396 Posts
How hard is it to clean the carbs on these? I'm looking at a 94 that claims the carbs need to be cleaned. He said it sputters sometimes when he rides it. Worth it? I think he wants $1800, claims it has 4000 miles on it on a "new" engine.

·
Registered
396 Posts
IO have not had time to take mine apart yet but from what I have read it is pretty easy. Here is a link that tells you step by step. I hope the link works. Let me know if it does.

Carb Overhauling Pictorial

That worked great, thanks! But what about the price? This is going to be my first bike, not sure if I should jump into something that isn't running and try to fix it myself(this is the first time I've worked on any motorcycle). I don't want to pay $1800, do the work to clean the carbs and then find out its something else, worse. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good point I would maybe pass on this one unless you have a friend that knows a lot about bikes to check it out with you. That is what I did before buying my first bike. We went to look at it and I did not even take it for a spin. My friend who knew a LOT about bikes took it for a ride and came back and said buy it and I did!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Good point I would maybe pass on this one unless you have a friend that knows a lot about bikes to check it out with you. That is what I did before buying my first bike. We went to look at it and I did not even take it for a spin. My friend who knew a LOT about bikes took it for a ride and came back and said buy it and I did!
Ya I mean the guy lives about 25 minutes away and offered to drive it to my house, so its drive-able to an extent. But, I think I'm going to pass. Finding a bike on a budget can suck. :bangdesk

101 - 109 of 109 Posts