Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's gotten too damn vacant in here. So I'll start up soemthing.

I was hoping to get everyone post up some pics of your FZR's. Just wanted to see how others looked...i've only seen 1 or 2 around town here, maybe get some ideas on how to dress mine up more.

Here's mine....

Attachments

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Mine looks just like Broker404's without the Yosh pipe.

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Yep purple wheels and all.No pics right now.I need to take a few.

·
Registered
78 Posts
here's my baby, just got her four weeks ago.
Since this pic i've added a new battery, YZF mirrors, Bridgestone BT014 tire, and took off all the yellow stickers! For a first bike she is tons of fun

come winter she'll be painted either gloss black with bronze tapeworks graphics or royal blue with black tapeworks graphics. Can't decide

(excuse my ugly mug, i cover it with a full face helmet, haha)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Broker404 said:
just cleaned up my headers... they were completely rusted out when I bought the bike 2 weeks ago.
Wow, that looks nice... must have put quite a bit of elbow grease into cleaning it up.

How are you planning on keeping it that way? You plan on getting it painted with hi-temp paint? If not, it probably won't take too long for it to start rusting again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
sjlee said:
Wow, that looks nice... must have put quite a bit of elbow grease into cleaning it up.

How are you planning on keeping it that way? You plan on getting it painted with hi-temp paint? If not, it probably won't take too long for it to start rusting again.

yes, it was a good bit of elbow grease. I painted the midpipe and the back end of the headers with high heat paint. I like the way the front of the headers are now, but if they rust soon then I'll probably just paint them. maybe even purple to match the wheels and the rest of the color scheme.

·
Registered
369 Posts
levels1069 said:
come winter she'll be painted either gloss black with bronze tapeworks graphics or royal blue with black tapeworks graphics. Can't decide
Word of advice with the tapeworks kits...go SLOW and practice a TON before hand. Even with a ton of care, i still got some bubbles/creases in my stickers, especially on the rear number plates.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
levels1069 said:
here's my baby, just got her four weeks ago.
Since this pic i've added a new battery, YZF mirrors, Bridgestone BT014 tire, and took off all the yellow stickers! For a first bike she is tons of fun

(excuse my ugly mug, i cover it with a full face helmet, haha)
where did you get your yzf mirrors? been wanting to do that myself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
got them here, best price i could find. Check ebay too
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family_id=4017&gift=False&mscssid=CB368452FE2D4978AE6089A0EAE6683D

i would HIGHLY suggest you invest in them, the stock mirrors suckkkkk....these are a whole different perspective, you see so much more behind you. They bolt right on too, no mods needed
Not to mention that they make the bike look a little less "mickey mouse like" and little more sporty and wide. Definately the best thing i've done so far

·
Registered
49 Posts
TheFizzer said:
damn miklm..that's one helluve tailsection. where did you get that?
It is a 1999-2002 R6 stock tail section. There are some slight mods done to the subframe and a new bracket back there for mounting. I've got a solo cowl being shipped in to replace the passenger seat. The tank on mine is from a 1998 YZF 600, and the seat it from an R6.

VTEC_EATER from these forums (in WI) did all the custom work on this bike. I bought it on Memorial Day. He did a great job. I've just had some work done on the carbs, the valve inspection done, and rode the piss out of it. ;)

There's a website with pretty much step-by-step instructions on how to do the mods.
http://heath.agdog.com/fzr/workbench/r6_tail_yzf_tank/

Here are some bonus pictures from a track day last weekend in Jennings FL

Setting up at the track:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Prepping the bike (sorry about the quality; from my camera phone)

Didn't get any pictures on the track. :( The track photographer wasn't there, and I didn't have anybody with me to use my camera. We were so busy running between track sessions and classroom instruction and then dodging the rain that I didn't have time to take anymore pictures that day.

Got another track day coming up soon, so maybe some pictures of me at max lean (dragging a knee or more likely a footpeg) will happen then. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys...seeing some other bike pics gave me some good ideas. FZR is a rare bike around here...I've seen 2 others that were exactly like mine (but with stock tail), and seen red-devils bike.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts