Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I might be riding down to see my brother in Salina (about an Hr. away from Cookeville, I think) and a friend over in Sevierville this year. And maybe the Gap,since I will be pretty close. I was just wondering in a very General way about the weather there. As in, how is September usually, temp/humidity/precip. wise.

Heck, I lived in Dickson for 11 years, from 1st to 11 grades, and really don't remember the best weather months. Anyway, I will be traveling pretty light, but wanna be prepared as far as dress, and gear goes.

Thanks for any help.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Bad Habit said:
Hey guys. I might be riding down to see my brother in Salina (about an Hr. away from Cookeville, I think) and a friend over in Sevierville this year. And maybe the Gap,since I will be pretty close. I was just wondering in a very General way about the weather there. As in, how is September usually, temp/humidity/precip. wise.

Heck, I lived in Dickson for 11 years, from 1st to 11 grades, and really don't remember the best weather months. Anyway, I will be traveling pretty light, but wanna be prepared as far as dress, and gear goes.

Thanks for any help.

Sept. isn't too bad!! Not a lot of rain unless another damn hurricane or something hits the friggin gulf! Days are in the mid 80's and nights are in the 70s or so. It's TN so humidity is always fucked and you never know until you get ready to ride. Not sure but www.weatherchannel.com used to give the avg. temp and stuff for areas and selected months, not sure if they still do or not. I am just a little ways North of Nashville, so if you come through give a shout!

·
Registered
46 Posts
What Ofc. said is just about right, mid September to the end of October is probably one of the best riding seasons around TN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts