Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at 2007 CBR 600rr for sale in my area. It looks like it is in overall good condition so I'm considering going to take a look at it. It has about 22k miles on it, a jardine carbon fiber slip on, graffiti graphics and a power commander. I was wondering if anyone had any input on whether or not this bike would be worth taking a look at because it seems to be priced fairly low so I'm suspectign there might be some underlying issues? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Just reading a few of those posts is making me rethink about the SS right off the bat. Even though I've been riding a couple years on the road already, I haven't consistently ridden my own sport bike, I've been riding a Harley Sportster 1200 the past 2 years. So I think it might be wise to not jump right to a supersport

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
You don't want to go to a supersport. I was 19 once. I know how tempting it can be... but it's a bad idea.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Great to hear - 600SS bikes are quite a handful on the street. There are many upsides to starting on a smaller bike: the learning curve is much more manageable, your confidence will increase much more quickly, and will become a better rider faster than if you were to start on a SS.

While I know the main criticism to starting small is "I'll sell the bike 3/4/5/6/etc months later cuz I'll be bored!", but simply put, that's a load of malarkey. A 250 can still bite, and is capable enough that even pro riders enjoy thrashing them around. Furthermore, they hold their resale very well - Yes, you might sell it relatively quickly, but trust me, you won't lose more than $200 on the deal.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Great to hear - 600SS bikes are quite a handful on the street. There are many upsides to starting on a smaller bike: the learning curve is much more manageable, your confidence will increase much more quickly, and will become a better rider faster than if you were to start on a SS.

While I know the main criticism to starting small is "I'll sell the bike 3/4/5/6/etc months later cuz I'll be bored!", but simply put, that's a load of malarkey. A 250 can still bite, and is capable enough that even pro riders enjoy thrashing them around. Furthermore, they hold their resale very well - Yes, you might sell it relatively quickly, but trust me, you won't lose more than $200 on the deal.
Mandid no one fill you in? The NINJA 300 is out and it's FUEL INJECTED! And looks better than a CBR anything RR. Better get on that hot new fiery sex on wheels before some other douche takes one and gets all the ladies!!!

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Mandid no one fill you in? The NINJA 300 is out and it's FUEL INJECTED! And looks better than a CBR anything RR. Better get on that hot new fiery sex on wheels before some other douche takes one and gets all the ladies!!!
I wouldn't want to ride a bike that's on fire.

Man, you crazy

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd say if you have two years+ on a Harley, you will be just fine on a 600. No need to bore yourself with a 250 Ninja. If you have enough discipline to be stingy with your throttle hand you will be fine. My FIRST bike ever was a GSXR 600 along with thousands of other riders. A 250 is like a scooter that handles really well IMO.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Yeah with 2 years under your belt you'll be fine, SS bikes aren't my cup of tea, but if that's what you want, go for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: jc71121
1 - 9 of 9 Posts