Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a problem or not but I just noticed it a day ago and I am pretty sure it wasn't there before. I have a 03 636 and I was riding around for awhile. I stopped for alittle and went to move my bike about a half hour later. When I started it up all the lights on the bike (Tach, headlight, taillight) are flickering pretty noticably with the engine at idle. They don't go out but they do flicker. If you increase the revs it will go away slightly but return at idle.

So I go for a ride alittle later and stop but leave it idle and no flickering. As soon as I shut if off and turn it back on the flicker is there at idle until I ride it. While I'm riding there is no flicker. It is almost like the stator is messed up and isn't charging right. I've never noticed it before, but its weird because if you ride it like 500 feet and stop the flicker is gone until you shut if off and turn it back on.

I'm not sure, I'll probably run it by the dealer but just wanted to see if any of you guys have any insight on it.

Thanks in advace!

·
Registered
107 Posts
My bike does something not too different...if the bike is sitting still with or without the motor running, the lights don't flicker, but if I apply the brake or turn on the turnsignals, the guages, tailights, and headlights dim slightly (in the case of the turnsignals, the dimming goes in and out in phase with the turnsignal flashing). When I'm on the bike moving, this doesn't seem to happen...at least I can't notice it when I try to make it happen and I look for it...

Like you, I suspected a possible electrical problem and trouble shooted the whole system and found no problems. I consulted one of the R6 specific sites and a few people replied that it sounded like normal behavior, so I haven't bothered with it since.

So I don't know if this is normal for your bike, but I can say that my bike seems to behave similarly and I've had no troubles with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.