Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no, this isn't a joke... though i find it amusing.
Pope blesses thousands of Harley bikers - Europe - Al Jazeera English

Pope Francis has blessed some of the 35,000 Harley-Davidson motorbike riders who rode into Rome for the motorcycle company's 110th anniversary.

Many of the celebratory party dropped in to Vatican City to to receive an official endorsement by the Vatican.

Al Jazeera's Claudio Lavanga reports from Rome.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
My dad had his bike blessed and has a really cheesy sticker to prove it.. I don't get it.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
If you can't figure that out you are quite the singularity.
They're a news agency. It's not exactly ironic that they're reporting on the Vatican, even if the agency is predominantly owned by those of a different religion. Or was there something else ironic that I was missing?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Its a pretty common thing for the Harley crowd around here to get their bikes blessed. I dont see the point in it...even if I were religious .

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
They're a news agency. It's not exactly ironic that they're reporting on the Vatican, even if the agency is predominantly owned by those of a different religion. Or was there something else ironic that I was missing?
Quite a bit, it seems.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Singularities are a bit on the dense side, just like you.
I'm sorry that you felt the need to resort to personal insults instead of rational discussion in which you would explain your position. No need for me to go down this road with you. I'll bow out now.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
I'm sorry that you felt the need to resort to personal insults instead of rational discussion in which you would explain your position. No need for me to go down this road with you. I'll bow out now.
Don't expect anything different; that's his basic M.O.

PhilB

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Well, obviously they're all in god's hands now.

(Weren't they in god's hands the whole time?)
:thinking

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
My dog sitters husband had his bike blessed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts