Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if Pontiac Trail is worth the effort to get down to Ann Arbor from Oakland County? I would actually be coming from way over in Clinton Township to get to Pontiac Trail, probably Long Lake rd. (18 mile, I think) or Maple Rd./15 mi. I don't mind the hike just to see, but 94 would be quicker and possibly allow more time down on some twistier roads. What do you guys think.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
I'm from Ann Arbor and I used to take that way when I lived in Pontiac to go back and see the parents who lived pretty close to Pontiac Trail. Square Lake to Telegraph to Long Lake to Orchard Lake to Pontiac Trail. It's been a few years since I did it. It wasn't the quickest way but a bit more interesting. Seems like it was a bit weird too. It's not just a straight shot, you have to make some jogs over to stay on it. Once you get past Wixom it's a pretty good ride though.

It seems like that part of the world has gotten built up a lot recently so, it might just be a nightmare now.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
likebikes said:
It wasn't the quickest way but a bit more interesting.
Thanks, this is what I am hoping for anyway. I will see tomorrow if the 'urban sprawl' has messed it up too bad.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apart from turning the wrong way at one of those 'tricky spots', riding 2 miles, and turning around and findint it again, not bad. A nice change from the long, straight e-ways. Even a couple decent long sweeping curves thrown in for good measure. Will definitely take that route more often.

·
Registered
84 Posts
im a little late here but yeah that is a nice run
i take that to all the way into annarbor with the necessary turns
about twice a month

·
Registered
345 Posts
Beena few years since I rode PT. Seem to recall it was in horrible shape and jammed with traffic pretty much all day long.

Did they ever repave?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MilleArp said:
Beena few years since I rode PT. Seem to recall it was in horrible shape and jammed with traffic pretty much all day long.

Did they ever repave?
Traffic really wasn't to big of an issue. I don't remember any bad pavement, but you might have a different idea of bad, too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Been thinkin'........ yeah, it hurt..... that it's been a lot more yrs than I thought since I've been down that road.

Good excuse fer a RIDE!
:D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MilleArp said:
Good excuse fer a RIDE!
:D
Is there ever a bad one? :lol

Last time we needed milk. I live pretty much a football field away from Farmer Jack. Told my wife I was going out to get it. Grabbed the tank bag and came back an hour later. Traffic wasn't bad for a few passes on S. River rd. or Jefferson. :rolleyes (Can't rail, but can have a little bit of fun anyway)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts