Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No cool

Votes: 26 63.4%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think they look like Clouseau's Quasimodo disguise.

Ghey or not?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
mmm I dont know, I know ppl that have um cuz thats whats in the jacket. I dont think they wear um to look "cool"...

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
pic please, just so i'm 100% sure what i'm saying is ghey or not.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
I'm sure they have some sort of purpose.
If you do track days you'll be required to have leathers and a back protector.

NESBA allows the use of humps to serve as a back protector....so you're not forced to wear an additional piece of gear under your leathers.

2 bird with one stone if you will

But if somebody ownes a jacket/suit with a hump and has never seen the track it would be the equivilent of stretching a swingarm and having never drag raced [poser]

·
Registered
994 Posts
Not Ghey, though I would prefer not to have one for the street.

The hump is needed for aerodynamics at speed when racing. If you're not racing you don't need it, but if you got the racing leathers for other reason's, such as good protection, fit, a really good deal, etc. you have to take the hump with it.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Not ghey at all. Those offer much better back protection than your standard hard plastic plate...

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
as long as you got leather on why should anyone care if they are ghay or not dont every one preach to outhers about this

·
Registered
522 Posts
doesn't matter to me honestly, I have one (Spidi calls it an "aerdynamic appendix"). But, it wasn't something I was looking for. It's alot smaller than the most on the JR Speedmaster, so I can wear a backpack without any problems. But, I think they are a great idea if you hit the track.

·
Banned
730 Posts
dennisred69 said:
as long as you got leather on why should anyone care if they are ghay or not dont every one preach to outhers about this
Uh, yeah Pat, I'd like to buy some punctuation.

·
Registered
569 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Because leather offers no impact protection. More often than not it's not the slide that kills you or even severly injures you... it's the fall off the bike and whatever else you manage to hit before you come to a stop.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I look at it this way...if its your only jacket and you do track days then man, the hump is ok because you are wearing leather period. Street or not. However, if you have several jackets, but you like to pose at the local hotspot with your hump and tell all your buddies how you go faster at the intersections...then you are ghey ghey ghey.

By the way. When the hell did we start writing gay like ghey? Isnt that a little gay? I think we should start a poll on that.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Flash6R said:
By the way. When the hell did we start writing gay like ghey? Isnt that a little gay? I think we should start a poll on that.
LOL I was going to ask the same thing I always thought is was spelled gay too :)

·
Banned
730 Posts
Flash6R said:
Probably around the same time the Z started replacing the S.

·
Registered
22 Posts
C'mon guys, I'm sure the hump is good for a few extra horses on the street isn't it? It definately up's the bling factor! :cool: :bongs

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Flash6R said:
It's so real gays are not offended. Don't you feel better now?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts