Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I like it, I've always liked wheels that are one color with a nice polished lip. Also I like that you didn't polish them SO much that they look like chrome, nice happy medium.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the right stuff to make them real shiny. Basically I removed the paint and left a smooth aluminum lip. The paint is flaking and messed up anyways, so I wasn't worried about messing anything up. I think I am going to paint them a gloss black and keep the aluminum lips eventually. For now, this will hold me over I think.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah black or gunmetal with a polished lip are the best looking rims out there, except for gold on some bikes (mine).

·
Registered
476 Posts
That looks real good, I also think that the not too shiny or chrome look is the way to go, paint them black and that will be very sharp.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Open garage I see, you need some more bikes to fill it up ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The open garage is actually my parents garage, and we painted the floor today, hence it being so open. I can only afford one bike anyways! The wheels need to be repainted anyways, so they look good in the pics, but not so hot up close. It was a good afternoon project though!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
it looks like you did a good job but polished lips are a pain to keep clean. you have to watch for pitting as well. that's why i hate having them and my future bikes will never have polished lips again. i guess i'm too lazy to have them. i'm not knocking the work you did at all, they're just not for me. i'm a big fan of gold powdercoated wheels though.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Oo I see, how did your parents garage come out? Well great job on the bike.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Garage came out great. It only took me about an hour to do I'd say. The air tools did all the work :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts