1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/04/plane.door.ap/index.html

Talk about impatient?

Police: Woman tries to open door during flight

Thursday, August 4, 2005; Posted: 9:24 a.m. EDT (13:24 GMT)

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- A woman was arrested Wednesday for attempting to open an airplane exit door while the plane was still in the air, police said.

The 52-year-old woman from Dania Beach, Florida, left her seat and tried to open the door as the United Airlines flight was descending into Seattle to land, police said. The plane was at an altitude of about 4,000 feet at the time.

She failed but "did manage to turn the handle far enough that a warning light went on in the cockpit," Seattle-Tacoma International Airport spokesman Bob Parker told KING-TV.

A flight attendant persuaded the woman to sit back down, but nobody physically restrained her. Parker said the other passengers stayed belted in their seats in case she did manage to open the door.

The woman was arrested for investigation of malicious mischief when the plane landed. Police were investigating whether alcohol and prescription medication were involved.

A United spokesman did not immediately return a call for comment late Wednesday.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i woulda knocked her da fuk out!

·
Registered
376 Posts
RACER X said:
i woulda knocked her da fuk out!
Same, I don't care if its a women or not. I'm not dying over some stupid probably drunk bitch trying to kill herself. :chair

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have always wondered if the altitude or whatever does something to a few people. You always hear stories just like this one. father of 3, man of the year types going crazy and banging on cockpit doors etc. Just wonder if maybe some goes off in their heads.
later

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
she deserves to be donkey punched. I think I would let her be though. That door can open and nothing will happen but her dumb ass getting sucked out and all th emasks dropping, so you are better off staying buckled in. guess its time to give the flight attendants guns too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Kawisixer01 said:
she deserves to be donkey punched. I think I would let her be though. That door can open and nothing will happen but her dumb ass getting sucked out and all th emasks dropping, so you are better off staying buckled in.
hahahah your right. Everyones just sitting there watching her, then when she finally gets it open she gets sucked out...One less dumbass on this earth. :lao

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Wouldnt that constitute as attempting a terrorist act? Thats the last thing you wanna do on a plane these days. One wrong move and you are a terrorist these days. I think i would have been pretty mad and "persuaded" her to have a seat and leave the door alone!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
What a retard..... and nobody restrained her on the plane?!?!? so much for air marshalls on every flight huh??

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Too bad aircraft doors open towards the outside and the thousands of pounds of slipstream prevents the door from humanly being opened during flight. It also sucks for people like that that cockpit doors were reinforced by federal mandate in 2002.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Wreckless said:
What a retard..... and nobody restrained her on the plane?!?!? so much for air marshalls on every flight huh??
There is no way possible to put marshalls on every flight, do you know how many commercial flights a day there are? They are put on certain routes only.

·
Registered
623 Posts
At 4000 feet nothing would have happened, however, at 50,000 feet it could have been a problem but I don't think you can open those doors just by turning the handle. Anyway, I would have ran at her like a linebacker.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
I'm with a couple of the others here, I would have knocked her the fukc out.

·
Registered
430 Posts
5niner0 said:
There is no way possible to put marshalls on every flight, do you know how many commercial flights a day there are? They are put on certain routes only.

good point... to bad this retard wasn't on one of those flights!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts