Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear about this.....what a low life.......

From the Ledger:

LAKELAND

Motorcycle Rider Injured

A passenger was seriously injured when a motorcycle crashed Sunday afternoon, and Florida Highway Patrol troopers said they are looking for the driver, who ran away after the crash.

The FHP said the crash occurred on Duff Road near Kathleen Road about 2:20 p.m.

Late Sunday, troopers had a possible identification for the driver, but did not release his name. Police dogs were called in and tracked the driver, but then lost the scent, the FHP said.

Troopers also did not release the name of the passenger who was seriously injured.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
That's messed up!! I hope they get that person :mad

·
Registered
765 Posts
His&Hers said:
OK, I have to ask... What does this mean?
'twins' = breasts.

*back on-topic*
:huh Trying to determine why the FHP did not run the license plate/VIN and pay the moto owner a visit at their house.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Baldman said:
'twins' = breasts.

*back on-topic*
:huh Trying to determine why the FHP did not run the license plate/VIN and pay the moto owner a visit at their house.
I figured that. It was the "you could too if you play your cards right" part that I was inquiring about. :)

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baldman said:
they probably already have

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His&Hers said:
I figured that. It was the "you could too if you play your cards right" part that I was inquiring about. :)
take it to PM's. No threadjacking 'round here! :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Baldman said:
Trying to determine why the FHP did not run the license plate/VIN and pay the moto owner a visit at their house.
BTW, that's what I was thinking, too. If you have the bike, it seems it would be quite easy to track down the owner.

·
Registered
765 Posts
With the abundance of low-lifes in the world, this could have been a rider that was uninsured/unlicensed = no traceability. That is the only conclusion I came up with. Please post more info when it is available.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
The bike rear ended a car at a high rate of speed, and both were thrown...I don't know about him, but she wasn't wearing any gear and I'm not sure if she made it through the night...

·
Registered
235 Posts
L8 Braker said:
The bike rear ended a car at a high rate of speed, and both were thrown...I don't know about him, but she wasn't wearing any gear and I'm not sure if she made it through the night...
Man, that sucks. You keep seeing articles on wrecks all the time now it seems. You guys (and gals) drive safe... we don't need to read about anyone else.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
His&Hers said:
Man, that sucks. You keep seeing articles on wrecks all the time now it seems. You guys (and gals) drive safe... we don't need to read about anyone else.
There's alot more to this story and it's not all good...The popo have been to his house and I'm sure will get him this week...I heard she has 3 kids...The driver of the bike is not one of society's "most productive members", if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Damn, I don't ever let a girl ride with me without wearing gear. I don't care if I don't wear it I always make my passenger wear it all. Couldn't live with myself if something happened to them. Some of the responsibilty has to go to the passenger that's willing to get on the bike without it. Should be driver's responsibility.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
I don't know if they were just out "riding"...Like I said, there is alot to this story, and I'm hoping the news will pick it up so I can talk openly about it...

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
L8 Braker said:
I don't know if they were just out "riding"...Like I said, there is alot to this story, and I'm hoping the news will pick it up so I can talk openly about it...
Come on man....tell us what's up. Nobody knows you on here. :cool: :)

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Wheeliesteve said:
Damn, I don't ever let a girl ride with me without wearing gear. I don't care if I don't wear it I always make my passenger wear it all. Couldn't live with myself if something happened to them. Some of the responsibilty has to go to the passenger that's willing to get on the bike without it. Should be driver's responsibility.

I couldn't agree with you more Steve. My life is one thing. But if I cause harm to or kill another person (especially a friend) I could not live with myself. That is the only reason I have been going without gear a couple times in the past few weeks, I've been making the passenger wear it. I guess it is time for me to get another helmet so both I and her can have one. It show's what type of guy he was if he ran off leaving the passenger there hurt. Reminds me of the guy running from cops with the 16 year old girl. Dumbasses :mad:

·
Registered
235 Posts
FHP Identifies Injured Woman

Troopers identified Lakeland resident Jennifer Drawdy as the woman who was injured in a motorcycle crash off Duff Road on Sunday afternoon.

Drawdy, 28, was in critical condition Monday night at Lakeland Regional Medical Center, Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Larry Coggins said.

Drawdy was the passenger on a motorcycle driven by a man who ran away after the crash and has not been apprehended, Coggins said.

According to an FHP report, Drawdy and the driver were headed east on Duff Road about 1:50 p.m. when the motorcycle struck the back of a car that stopped to make a left turn onto Highland Grove Drive.

Coggins would not say whether troopers know the name of the driver.

·
CaGeD FuRy !!!
231 Posts
ok L8 is he a member here on .net if so.. ill get the tampa clan, you get the lakeland clan and we'll get the sob.. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good idea Ripped, meanwhile I'll be at the home of the female victim, trying to "console" her :leghump

1 - 20 of 44 Posts