Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm glad he mentioned that the cop was out of state. I was wondering why he was tailgating the guy.

I get that a lot around here, with all the different federal and DC agencies driving their takehome cars to MD. Everyone else is afraid to pass them because they think they'll get pulled over, and it jams up traffic.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
How does this make any sense, when the officer races him, brake checks him, and follows him?

"I felt antagonized by him and I really just wanted the guy to go away," Culpepper said. "If you want to go do your thing, go do your thing. Don't bother me with it."

NC deputy resigns after I-526 road rage incident - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

and for the opposing view point:

Culpepper told ABC affiliate in Jacksonville, N.C., WWAY, that he was baited by Walton.

"I fell for it hook, line and sinker," Culpepper told WWAY by phone Wednesday.

Law enforcement sources in South Carolina tell WWAY they have had frequent encounters with Walton, who they say often drives around recording video of law enforcement officers trying to catch them in bad situations.
"The video is not the pieces," Culpepper said. "It doesn't show everything that took place."

Culpepper said he chose to cut off Walton, calling that part of the YouTube video indisputable. He said the decision was a mistake and he should not have done it.

Culpepper says he wishes he had a chance to tell his side of the story before the video aired online and on television. Culpepper says Brown offered him a chance to stay on as a detention officer.

Culpepper says he chose to resign instead.

Walton has a history of problems with law enforcement. A State Law Enforcement Division background check shows a string of incidents dating back to 1999 that include failing to stop for blue lights, giving false information, possession of a stolen vehicle, forgery and assault.

He was also classified an habitual traffic offender, records show.

According to the ticket, provided by the North Charleston police, the incident happened on Monday around 6:30 p.m. Unit 1 was driven by Culpepper, of Jacksonville, N.C. Unit 2 was driven by Walton, of Summerville.

The ticketing officer notes that Culpepper "braked suddenly causing unit 2 (Walton) to strike Unit 1."

The ticket does list "aggressive operation of vehicle" as a contributing factor to the collision and that no injuries were reported. What the ticket does not address, however, is what happened moments before the collision.

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Did this trooper (who was from ANOTHER STATE) have prior knowledge of Mr Walton and his history of being an "antagonizer"?

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
From what I have read on other sites, the LEO is a known jerk, as is the guy with the camera.
This is easily believable. The cop could've easily gotten out of the passing lane and the camera man/other driver could've easily stayed out of the passing lane once he passed the cop and the other vehicle (traffic was light in he middle and slow lanes).

They're both are a'holes in my book. But I expect an LEO to set an example of how a motorist should behave and not give an example of how to get into an altercation with another driver.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The dude video taping was obviously out to cause a problem and then record it so he can point the blame at someone else, and in this case targeted a LEO.

It doesn't pay to be a public servant these days. You have to put up with all kinds of retarded bullshit and when you reach the point of too much, some douchebag tapes it and then you're career is done.

If people were so motivated to do the right thing instead of antagonizing those who we put our trust in, then our society wouldn't be so fucked up as it is now. Seriously, what is the harm in going the speed limit (or 5 miles under) and reaching your destination 15 seconds later than you would had that douche stayed that speed limit?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Police down here is the NC and SC have a habit of driving under the speed limit and trying to keep other vehicles from passing them. I have seen it done many, many times in just the short time I have lived here.

The funny part to me is that both are known jerks, and both meetup on the highway to fuck with each other. The LEO was the biggest fool for pacing the car in the right lane, while blocking the left lane.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
what is the harm in going the speed limit (or 5 miles under) and reaching your destination 15 seconds later?
Because I drive/ride more than one exit down the road. The difference between me speeding and obeying the law is not a mere 15 seconds, it is 30 minutes. That is an hour in my day I earn back by exceeding those often times arbitrary limits assigned to roads.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
There's a guy around here who's in the motorcycling community that goes around video taping LEO's, politicians, lawyers, etc as well.

And by "video taping" I mean harassing and baiting.

Some day he's gonna learn the hard way that baiting people into doing stupid shit can put you in a hospital.

I'm not condoning what the officer did or making excuses for him in any way, shape or form... but EVERY ONE OF US is a human being and we all make mistakes, especially when we're getting harassed & baited into making them. Does that excuse the officer? No. This mistake cost him his job, and rightly so. I'm simply saying that I don't look DOWN upon or think any less of public servants because of this incident... and that this story doesn't surprise me in the least.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm simply saying that I don't look DOWN upon or think any less of public servants because of this...
I do, because this is problem that is finally coming to light.......

With public servants being videoed, that can't be above the law. Without the video this guy would have had the book thrown at him.

I think it's funny how many LEO are so against being videoed.

I will say that from my point of view the LEO's down here in NC are worst than they were in PA.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
I do, because this is problem that is finally coming to light.......
With public servants being videoed, that can't be above the law. With the video this guy would have had the book thrown at him.
I think it's funny how many LEO are so against being videoed.
In that case, you should look down your nose at absolutely every single person on the planet, including yourself because we all fuck up.

Anyone who thinks I'm wrong either just doesn't get what I'm getting at or is an arrogant hypocrite just looking for a reason to hate.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Because I drive/ride more than one exit down the road. The difference between me speeding and obeying the law is not a mere 15 seconds, it is 30 minutes. That is an hour in my day I earn back by exceeding those often times arbitrary limits assigned to roads.
Oh, so you can break the law so long as it is beneficial to yourself. Gotcha.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
In that case, you should look down your nose at absolutely every single person on the planet, including yourself because we all fuck up.

Anyone who thinks I'm wrong either just doesn't get what I'm getting at or is an arrogant hypocrite just looking for a reason to hate.
What the LEO did was not just a simple, I lost my temper, he royally fucked up, and added fuel to the situation that he is trained to defuse.

But, I'm not charged with enforcing the law. I believe all public servants should be held to high standard.

With everybody holding a mobile recording device today, we are starting see public servants held accountable.

I'm far from perfect, when I get a ticket that I earned I deal with it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts