Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8203067/

Only thing captured is video of unofficial German record

BERLIN - A motorcyclist captured on film by German police racing at 155 mph on a road near Berlin has set a new unofficial national record for speeding, Germany's Bild newspaper reported Monday.

Traveling more than twice the speed limit of 62 miles per hour, the motorcycle rider was caught on film in a police radar trap near Bad Freienwalde outside Berlin but authorities don’t know who the speeder was because motorcycles have no front license plates.

“We are not able to identify him,” said Lothar Wiegand, a spokesman for the Brandenburg Transport Ministry in Potsdam.

While German motorists who break speed limits are identified by their license plates in police photos and receive their fines by mail shortly after their infractions, motorcycle riders often escape unpunished.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone know what happened to that guy running from the cops in Cali yesterday? It was all over the news but then they cut coverage when he disappeared into a huge multi-story partking lot. They had two choppers chasing him for like 20 minutes in speeds excess of 130MPH.

That'd be great if he got away, hahaha.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Pfffbbbtttt... 155 mph can't hold a candle to the American record of 208 mph on a bone-stock RC51 :rolleyes

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Here we go again with the "I wish I could I wish I could go 205mph on my RC51" Story.
If those same cops radared me, then I would have been doing 230mph coming back from Abilene.

·
Registered
324 Posts
what's with these guys with the RC51's?? :lol i think it was a while back here in NE some dude was doin like 180-200mph, i forget, but anywho...damn RC51ers!! troublemakers i tell ya.....troublemakers. :lao

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Maybe I read the wrong story but I thought he admitted the 205 didnt actually happen. Either way they didnt catch him on radar it was either an airplane or helicopter that paced him.

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
GixxerJRG said:
Maybe I read the wrong story but I thought he admitted the 205 didnt actually happen. Either way they didnt catch him on radar it was either an airplane or helicopter that paced him.
Exactly. The bike was tracked by aircraft and the speed estimated. There was a lot of error involved with the method used to calculate the speed of the RC51.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
loveMyGsxr1000 said:
ha ha take the heat of those kids with the gsxrs they always get a bad rap
I hear ya, considering everyone and their momma has a "gixxer", that cannot be said about the RC51.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I wish we just got fines in the mail. I know we do have some radar traps, but I wish they were all just fine-based and you didn't have to worry about insurance and losing the license and that sort of thing. Of course, I also wish we had something like the autobahn, and drivers who respected the concept of "slower traffic keep right", etc. Yes, when I think about Germany's driving system, I begin to hate many aspects of the United States.

·
Registered
73 Posts
murfnamedsmurf said:
I wish we just got fines in the mail. I know we do have some radar traps, but I wish they were all just fine-based and you didn't have to worry about insurance and losing the license and that sort of thing. Of course, I also wish we had something like the autobahn, and drivers who respected the concept of "slower traffic keep right", etc. Yes, when I think about Germany's driving system, I begin to hate many aspects of the United States.
and i like the fact that you have to pay decent amounts of money and pass multiple aptitude tests to drive there... wish we had that here

·
Registered
321 Posts
murfnamedsmurf said:

They have yearly inspection by TUV which costs a pretty penny, plus whatever repairs must be made, a drivers license costs 2000 euros, and you have to be 18 to get one, if I'm not mistaken. Friend of mine in germany was amazed that I had my own car at 16, then we talked about the differences, must be less morons on the streets there because of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts