Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
i like it. it wouldn't be a replacement fro a motorcycle, but if i were in the market for a fun weekend roadster i would definitely look at it.
Same. This is the sort of thing I would buy in a heartbeat if I won the lotto! Seems like it'd just be a blast to ride around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, tough crowd. How can you say it's terrible?? It would be like a street legal, high performance, go cart. IMO it would be 100x more fun than a Can Am Spyder.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't say that. The Slingshot is list priced about the same as my Diavel, which means it is accessable without winning the lottery. The T-Rex is very similar but starts at $55K.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
"The strong, steel space frame houses a four-cylinder Ecotec VVT (Variable Valve Timing) engine made by General Motors, a 2.4 Liter DOHC motor that’s been around for over 10 years. The 2384cc four-banger puts out a claimed 173 hp @ 6200 rpm and 166 lb-ft torque @ 4700 rpm, with the machine weighing in around 1725 pounds fully fueled. Its power numbers are achieved by pistons operating within an 88mm bore at a 98mm stroke, compression set at a 10.4:1 ratio."

Your Diavel makes almost as much horsepower and weighs less than a third of it. Plus it'll have way less recalls than this POS GM motor

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Being that you RIDE a can am and drive the Polaris I don't see how either would be comparable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"The strong, steel space frame houses a four-cylinder Ecotec VVT (Variable Valve Timing) engine made by General Motors, a 2.4 Liter DOHC motor that’s been around for over 10 years. The 2384cc four-banger puts out a claimed 173 hp @ 6200 rpm and 166 lb-ft torque @ 4700 rpm, with the machine weighing in around 1725 pounds fully fueled. Its power numbers are achieved by pistons operating within an 88mm bore at a 98mm stroke, compression set at a 10.4:1 ratio."

Your Diavel makes almost as much horsepower and weighs less than a third of it. Plus it'll have way less recalls than this POS GM motor
True, but my Diavel only has 90 lb-ft of torque. I know it won't be sportbike fast, but if it will do about a 4-5 second 0-60 I think that will seem much faster since you're so low to ground and in the open air. I am curious to find outperformance #'s though. Anyway, I am signed up for a test ride/drive when they come out in October so I'll find out then.

Regarding the motor, I hear good and bad things about them. I hope I have a good one as my wife drives a 2011 Equinox with that motor in it. Plus, I don't think Polaris would put a shitty motor in a new product like this. They have an excellent reputation for quality and reliability.

Predator, I know you RIDE the Can Am and DRIVE the Slingshot, but if I had to choose between the 2 I would take the Slingshot. If I'm going to RIDE, I want it to be on 2 wheels not 3.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
No I just mean that people saying that the can am and Polaris are comparable are a little off. The dynamics are totally different.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts