Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
840 Posts
Anyone try to put really bright LEDs in the pods to replace the stock turn signals? According to Oregon law you can use either white or amber for turn signals in front. I think this would be a great looking mod as long as they are still functionally visible.

· Registered
840 Posts

· Registered
840 Posts
calzor suzay said:
I'm in the UK, it's standard fitment here...
Is there a way for us across the pond to get them?

· Registered
840 Posts
greatzippy said:
crazymofo,

The bulb socket is just the socket from the 2003 R1 headlight. Not sure if it's the same in any other year so I just ordered the 03 model part. It uses 194 type bulbs, you can either get those in LED or regular buld. I think it cost me about $15 for 2 sockets which isn't that bad.
You need to drill the opening though. Start in the middle of the area where the socket will slide into with a small drill bit (there may be a little nipple of plastic right in the middle you can use as a marker) and slowely work your way up in size. The last size bit you need is a 1/2" bit .... but then you will still need to drill the hole a little b***** by rubbin the bit along the hole in a circle motion. You'll also want to use a pen knife to cut off any burs and stuff to make sure everything is smooth. Keep trying the fit the socket into the hole as you do this so you don't make the hole too big.

Yamaha Part Numbers;

5PW-84312-00-00 HOLDER, SOCKET

4SV-84347-00-00 BULB (12V-5W) ( 194 type bulb, you can get this at any auto store )

http://www.sportbikeguy.com/garage/floor/headlight-mod.html
Thanks a lot zippy, this will be a big help. Are you wiring it up to act as turn signals or just markers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.