Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product features – CNC machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum
-Stainless steel allen screws
-Designed to replace the factory brake or clutch mounting bracket
-Fits most 7/8inch handle bars
-Fits most motorcycles and quads

If you buy a sportbike and plan on taking it to the dragstrip, you will undoubtedly have a list of parts that you will need to purchase to get your bike ready for the strip. Included in your list should be a good killswitch and lanyard. Most tracks will require riders to have some type of device that will kill the ignition of the bike in the event of a rider and motorcycle becoming separated somewhere down the track.

The one problem with most kill switches though is that you have a completely separate kill switch that you have to find a place to mount on your clipons. You have to find a place beside your break reservoir or clutch reservoir, both of which have you have very little room at. Trying to fit a switch in these areas can prove to be quite a challenge. You could always just drill a hole into your stock kill switch and twist a screw into it to attach a lanyard to, but that is not the safest plus it just looks plain tacky.

PMR Components has a product to solve this problem. They have a killswitch that simply replaces the mounting bracket for either your clutch or brake. That way you don't have to struggle to find room to fit a switch. Simply take your stock mounting bracket off and attach the PMR switch with the included allen head screws. Tie the wires into your stock killswitch on the bike and you are done. The end result is a working killswitch that functions great, doesn't take up a lot of room, and looks really trick.

The PMR killswtich comes with a pair of allen head screws and lanyard with clip and plug. The killswitch is precision machined out of aircraft grade aluminum and looks top notch. I have the billet killswtich, but PMR also has an identical black anodized switch, which may have looked even better on my bike.

This product has to be one of the most convenient killswitches available. The installation takes about two minutes, plus whatever time you need to solder into your stock switch. The machining on this piece looks great. Plus, the best part is that after putting this on, you will be one step closer to being ready for the dragstrip.

Pros – Solves the problem of trying to find a place to mount a separate switch on the clip-ons, easy to install, is a nice piece of machining work

Cons – No real cons that I could come up with. This is a pretty slick unit.

Purchase price - $49.95 plus shipping for either the billet aluminum or black anodized unit from http://www.pmrcomponents.com/

Ease of install – I would give this a 9. Very easy to install and use.

I would rate this unit a 5 out of 5 stars. There just isn't much of anything to complain about on this unit. It's serves its function and saves space, all while looking great. What more could you ask for out of a killswitch.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts