Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow SBNers,

As some of you know, I have a band, and I devote a great deal of time and energy to it. Anyways I am proud to announce we are opening for Reel Big Fish, Catch 22, Lucky Boys Confusion, and the RX Bandits July 29th at the Rave. :cool:

This will be our third show at the Rave, and we have worked out a deal with the Rave where we can sell tickets for $15. Ticketmaster and the Rave are selling them for $23.

I'm hoping you guys can come see the show, hoot and holler at me on stage, and then come party at my place with my band and a few of the other bands.

If you want discounted tickets or more info on my band, the link is www.thevvv.com

Hope to see you all there, and please tell your friends. We are trying really hard to show the promoters and the other bands that we are a force to be reckoned with.

I promise an incredible live show, and a wild party afterwards at my place. :alky :bananafu:

Tom.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Holy crap- I love LBC and they haven't been up here for a while! I'll have to look into this, especially since there is going to be a wild party after!

Plus I get to see a fellow member in action :bj

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm there. I heart shows.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
boo!! i wish it was on the weekend cuz id soooooooo go i love reel big fish i went to their first concert and got to meet all of em it was an awesome time... just one problem its a lil thing called work i hate my hours i need to find a day job! =(

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
diamond said:
What kind of music do you guys play? Thursday nights aren't so great, but maybe we can see ya some other time.
We are a 3rd wave ska band of sorts, but we dabble in jazz, funk, reggae, soul, punk, and rock. I guess if you remember the Mighty Mighty Bosstones that's a place to start, but our horns sound alot like Catch 22 and rhythm section like really old LBC.

Long story short, it's great, and there are not a whole hell of alot of bands like it left.

Tom.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hmm, I have several friends interested in going- but your site doesn't seem to be working in either Mozilla or IE- I'm getting broken links.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's magically working now... may have been my side or some strange cosmic glitch, I'll be ordering tickets soon and I sent the link to some of my friends.

Sweet deal!

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ibjames said:
are you the lead singer?
Nope, I play trombone and do back up singing. We have one or two cover songs that I sing alone, but I don't think we are playing those. We have a guitarist and trumpet with perfict pitch and vocal training, so they lead the singing since they are always on key, and one sings just a bit higher than the other so we can cover the harmonies. We all sing at some point in the set.

I do most of the banter and such inbetween the songs. I handle the promotion, merch, and booking as well. I'm the guy who gets it done, and then jumps in the crowd. :grinbounc (Our first time at the Rave, I stage dove in the bar during our last song, and I was passed around the bar for about 2 minutes and made it back to the stage just in time for the end of the song, but was nearly decapitated by the ceiling fans in the bar several times. My bandmates won't let me forget it.)

Tom.

EDIT: Here is a banner from our site, crappy I know, but the kid who did it is still learning and made us a ton of banners for free. Check out the site for more pictures.

Attachments

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ibjames said:
I was just messing with you.. does the lead singer get 90 and you only get 10%?

Do you guys have any mp3's we can download?
I am the only one in the band who has more than 50 bucks in their bank account at any one time, so I front for everything, and then as we sell merch or cds, or get paid from shows, I take it all back to pay myself off.

Trombone gets 100%, lead singer gets the back of the van.

Yea pm me if you want MP3's, I have them, but not at work with me now.

Tom.

·
Motorcycles are sexy!
826 Posts
mr_druid said:
We are a 3rd wave ska band of sorts, but we dabble in jazz, funk, reggae, soul, punk, and rock. I guess if you remember the Mighty Mighty Bosstones that's a place to start, but our horns sound alot like Catch 22 and rhythm section like really old LBC.

Long story short, it's great, and there are not a whole hell of alot of bands like it left.

Tom.
ooohhh... I haven't seen a ska show in years... but I'd have to get out of two days of work to come... can't you just play on a weekend? :p

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yo Tom- I just purchased 3 tickets- so can you make sure they're under my name (Rob Thomas) and then do we just pick em up the day of the show?

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Captal said:
Yo Tom- I just purchased 3 tickets- so can you make sure they're under my name (Rob Thomas) and then do we just pick em up the day of the show?
Yea just go the the will call window at the Rave the day of the show, and they will be waiting for you. You have to show a photo id to pick them up. I'll catch you before the show out riding or at the show to tell you about the afterparty. Thanks for picking them up, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, (bad ska joke) it is going to be a great show.

Bring your Rob Thomas skills and we'll do a duet sometime, you brought back Santana, maybe you can help us. :twofinger

Tom.

·
Registered
348 Posts
mr_druid said:
Bring your Rob Thomas skills and we'll do a duet sometime, you brought back Santana, maybe you can help us. :twofinger

Tom.
While my singing skills aren't terrible, I'm no Rob Thomas. Though I am smooth :D

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We hit the stage at 6:30 on the 29th. I am going to try to sneak in a digital camera and camcorder and i'll post a link to the show/party pictures here when the hoopla is said and done.

Tom.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Am I still helping out???

1 - 20 of 46 Posts