Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
not sure, but it sounds like its in a better spot, either way. i have no idea, i'm just shooting the breeze.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
04Fizzer said:
You mean you can actually read that?

click on the pic, it opens in a separate window, or tabs for those of us who like everything on our computer neat.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
gtfazer6 said:
click on the pic, it opens in a separate window, or tabs for those of us who like everything on our computer neat.
I did that. It's very broken and difficult to read. Maybe I'm just getting old and losing my eye sight.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heavy FZ6 said:
They're not saying it will have any more torque, just that it will peak at higher RPMs.

yes that is what i mean will it peak higher, my friend disagrees, by reading that statement he thinks they are going to make the tq peak lower

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
What a gorgeous bike though!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would rather have it lower also but acording to the article they are increasing the top end and raising the tq peak....at least the way i read it

the way he reads it they are raising the top end and lowering the tq peak, creating a wider power band....

he has put some major money out there and i need opinions to settle this argument!

·
Registered
135 Posts
from this article, one of the goals of the new model is to move the peak torque higher into the rpm range. Not necessarily more torque but higher in the range.

thats the way i read it ...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nimms said:
from this article, one of the goals of the new model is to move the peak torque higher into the rpm range. Not necessarily more torque but higher in the range.

thats the way i read it ...

wohoo, any one else wanna give their opinion??

it looks like he may be paying my bike off!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why not contact the author of the article or the magazine's editor and ask him/her directly? Unrefutable proof would be good... as long as it works out in your favor. :)

AMCN has to have an e-mail address out there somewhere. Here it is:

http://acp.com.au/ (this is the publisher's website)

Then select "Australia Motorcycle News" from the list. Or, if you're lazy:

[email protected]

BTW, my read is that they're moving the peak to higher in the range.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you mattUF for your info, i am emailing him now!

anyone else's opinion would be valuble!

the dude said if he was wrong he would pay my bike off, if i was wrong then i would buy him an 06 r6, i told him he needed to whip out his check book!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Kneedragger said:
F*CK it's got an R1-style underseat exhaust??!!

To hell with the TQ peak, I'M GETTING ONE!!!!

If I'm still employed in '06 that is.
Kneedragger...you almost look like a storm trooper in your avatar.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
It's all rumors, but it says that the 04/05 R6 produces its torque too far down the rev range, and that the new model will address that. If they're fixing "too far down" then that means they're likely moving the torque peak up. Also, since hp is just a calculation from torque and rpm, moving the torque peak higher in the rev range gives more hp.

You'd think if they were making the powerband wider, they would have said that the current models didn't produce their torque low enough in the rev range. Good luck getting your bike paid off. :dblthumb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts