Sport Bikes banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Exactly. Trying to turn the motor over if its hydrolocked very likely will bend a rod. It is in your best interest to address that possibility first. Pull the plugs, you're gonna have to pull the tank anyways, and you'll also learn if an injector is messed up.

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
Fairly common issue on the CBR F4I, not saying that its the same problem, but it sure sounds like it...

On the F4I the cuplrit is the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR.

I blieve the gas in the crank gets there because the diaphragm on the regulator goes bad, allowing fuel to slip through the diaphragm, and up the vac line into the TB/engine.

I purchased my F4I as a non starting bike that was previously dripping fuel from the exhaust (per the seller). I got the bike, charged the battery and experienced the same "click" "click" sounds. Attempted to push start the bike a couple of times without any success.

We finally removed the oil plug (where you pour the oil in when replacing it) and fuel was pouring out of it like a fire hose. Not only it caught us off guard, but the flow was so intense, that we couldnt react fast enough, and lots of fuel was dumped on our garage floor.

THE FIX (for the F4I):

1 - Replace FPR
2 - Replace oil
3 - Remove Spark plugs
4 - Crank the engine (attempt to start it)
3 - Replace/Clean Spark Plugs
4 - Ride the bike like you stole it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
do yourself a favor and quit trying to start it! get the extension and pull the plugs. sounds very much like injector failure. either held open or stuck. pull plugs, and drain oil. disconnect fuel injector power and try to crank with plugs out first.
I agree, the fluid needs to be removed from the cylinders or the bike will never turn over! Also, disconnect the PC III. The majority of start and run problems I have had with bikes were due to a PC!!

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
don't stand in front of it if you try to bump it or look at it with the plugs out. If a cylinder is full you will know when you turn it over. Face or eyeful of gas no bueno

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I had a PCIII on my 08 ZX14 for 3 years and 60k miles and it never had a problem. I am not saying it cant go bad but I would not call it a bad product at all. I have a PCV on my 12 S1KRR and it is doing just fine with the autotune and all. Pull the tank off... its not hard to do. Pull the plugs. Replace the oil with cheap oil then crank it with the plugs out and see if it turns over. Then work from there.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
We've had a PC on our FZ6 for years too with no issues, but I have heard a few issues, including draining the battery when it sits more than a couple weeks, our bike included. Would a PC malfunction cause an injector to stick open or closed, I don't know that answer. Neither will you until you remove those plugs.

·
Registered
848 Posts
usually, stuck injector is from varnish or some such thing from the bike sitting for while.... but even 2 months seems a little too short. dang E10 is the crap. HATE it. thankfully, most SSs use Premium, right?

my FJR did not like sitting for more than a month otherwise it would not start.... what a PITA!! on a good note, always had a reason to get the bike out every month. LOL

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
DRain the oil is first step and refill with cheap oil. Change spark plugs too. Course if an injector is stuck open it should run bad. Dont try to turn the motor over with crank full of fuel.

I agree to disconnect the pc

·
Registered
673 Posts
usually, stuck injector is from varnish or some such thing from the bike sitting for while.... but even 2 months seems a little too short. dang E10 is the crap. HATE it. thankfully, most SSs use Premium, right?

my FJR did not like sitting for more than a month otherwise it would not start.... what a PITA!! on a good note, always had a reason to get the bike out every month. LOL

The sticker on the tank says to use at least 90 AKI on the 14. I use 89 AKI a lot just because the higher octanes can be harder to find in the rural areas I ride in.

Edit: I would also agree with everyone else telling you to disconnect the Power Commander. While I think the odds of it being bad are rather low, it is an easy way to remove one thing from the list of possible problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
seems like the reason it will not turn over is the cyclinder is full of gas it hydrolocked and the reason it did this is a injector is stuck open letting fuel flow directly into the engine causeing cyclinder to fill up and seep into crankcase around the rings better pull the plugs remove all coil packs so no sparks lite up the fuel when you turn motor over and turn engine over take note of which cyclinder shoots out a bunch of fuel that is the injecter you need to replace and pull throttle bodies off replace the injecter that the cyclinder shot all the fuel out of and drain oil replace everything and should be fixed im thinking

·
Registered
197 Posts
Check the dates before you post a reply. You just replied to a 7+ year old thread. The OP likely doesn't even own the bike any more. ;)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts