Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have no idea what to do. My bike has been sitting for about a month now. I have been trying to sell it. Somebody was comming to look at it today so i went out to clean it up a little bit. I started it up...and it started perfectly. Then i went on a short ride, came home, then shut it off. Then the people came to look at it. They started it up, gave it a couple of revs, then shut it off. Now just about an hour after it was running perfectly fine i went out to move it back to the garage. When i turn the key to the ON position nothing happens!! The lights and the Speedometer are supposed to go on when i turn it to the ON position but nothing happens!? I checked the fuses, the battery connections, and I cleaned the connectors too. I have no Idea what to do to fix it. And somebody it comming to look at it tomorrow! PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baldman said:
Did you check to ensure the kill switch is not engaged (flipped)?
yes, u mean the red switch that you have to push either up or down in order to start it right?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The kill switch is the button that makes sure your engine is turned off, it's red. That's how you turn your bike off. Make sure it's in the ON position

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well...most people do not actually use it unless they need to perform an 'emergency shutdown', hence the name 'kill switch', i.e the ignition switch fails.

It is located on the right clipon switch assembly and resembles a rocker switch (just larger) and red/orangish in color...just above the start button. We are talking about an electric start.. right. :lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
shortyali0369 said:
I always use it... I've also had that same problem a few times (forgetting to switch it back).
Why? You have to turn the bike off to take the key out anyway...why make things complicated? :)

·
old member
13,079 Posts
If none of the electrics come on with the key, check the main fusable link. Could also be that the battery went dead. Have you tried push/bump starting it?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Check the condition of your battery with a multimeter. Then start doing resistance checks on your on/off switch with an OHMmeter. Check your fuses again.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Yeah there is a main fuse that is on the EX500 that is hidden under the side panel. You may have the same type of fuse. It may be the "Fusible Link" mentioned above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts