Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is stefan I'm from idaho and I'm 16 old. I want to buy a kawasaki ninja 250r and do the bike school please help me, what i could say to my mother to convince her. I don't like car i don't want a car. And give me some suggestions what bike should i start

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hello my name is stefan I'm from idaho and I'm 16 old. I want to buy a kawasaki ninja 250r and do the bike school please help me, what i could say to my mother to convince her. I don't like car i don't want a car. And give me some suggestions what bike should i start
If my son came to me wanting a street bike at 16 I'd say "no". If it was a small dirt bike (and I had a place for him to ride) then maybe. Learn to drive a car, get your license and you'll be much better off. After getting a couple of years of driving the mean streets of Idaho under your belt then try for the bike.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
99% of street riding is survival. How do you expect to stay alive riding a bike on the street when you haven't even learned how to survive public roads in a car?

Sorry, kid. I'm with Mini NSX. If my kids wanna RIDE on the street then they need to learn how to DRIVE on the street. Get a dirtbike, get your driver's license... ride the bike in the woods to get your bike skills & drive the car a few thousand miles on the street to get some street survival skills.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Getting your full car license first is the way to go. There's a lot more going on while riding a motorcycle than there is driving a car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah I wanted a scooter for high school so I could skip the traffic of coming and leaving school. But my mom is also as lame as your mom so maybe you should join the bad kids who do drugs. Become a drug addict and tell your mom the motorcycle will cure your addiction and then she would have to choose between a drugged out son or a motorcycle riding son.

Good you're not one of those kids who want to start out on a super sport bike like ZX-10R. Because there was a kid in high school who died because he rode a supersport bike that he pushed to 120mph and lost control.

·
Registered
341 Posts
What would I tell you? How about slow down, you're 16. Get your car license and figure out what it's like to drive on public roads while you have a huge metal cage protecting you. It's like you young guys think that life shrivels up and dies the moment you turn 25 or something and so you need to rush to get all the cool stuff in right away. I didn't legitimately start riding on public roads until I was in my early 30's and I was a lot better off waiting. I don't plan on stopping in the next 20 years.

So yeah dude, relax, be 16 and worry about accidental boners, body hair, pimples, girls, algebra, curfews and fitting in with the right crowd...worry about surviving while riding a motorcycle on the street after all of that has passed and you've got a few tens of thousands of miles of car driving under your belt. Snag a beater dirt bike if you feel the need to be on two wheels powered by fossil fuels in the interim. Don't worry, the roads aren't going anywhere and they will continue to come out with super cool bikes for you to drool over and eventually own.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Get your car license. Spend some time in a cage watching the insanity that occurs around you so you can hone your driving instincts.

Oreo is right, street riding is surviving.

After you put some seat time in your cage, buy a dual sport like the Honda or Yamaha 250. Learn how to balance, work the controls, practice your MSF drills and get some seat time in traffic. Then you might be able to convince her you can handle a Ninja

Reactions: NineseveN

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
I'm with the others. You have 60-70 years to ride. Learn to drive first, it may just extend your riding years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts