Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 sv650s. I live in an apartment and the only spot left was a hill like area left to park the other night. My bike was lowered previously by the other owner. I should put it back to standard height but I'm unsure how to.

Anyway, as I was putting my cover on it got snagged on something and the bike tipped over on the right side. I have frame sliders on the center and the back swing arm, so no damage or big scratches buuut the steering was locked already and it looks like the right handle bar plastic piece that connects with a screw to the throttle got bent and is loose. I managed to pull the throttle grip forward flush with the handle bar near the clutch wires so the throttle operates fine it seems.

Where can I get a replacement plastic slider thing that is screwed in to the handle bars ? Is it one piece? The screw that holds it in is bent so I'll need to replace that too. For now I tightened it but I don't like how it's not fully flushed.

What are these things called and which type should I buy that will fit ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think what I need is a right handle bar end. Plastic piece and the screw that goes into it. I just hope it doesn't need special adjustment into the handle bar and that it's an easy replaceable part. I guess you can call them handlebar sliders?

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
If you have a Cycle Gear in yor town, they'll most likely had that part. Or you could always go to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yeah I think what I need is a right handle bar end. Plastic piece and the screw that goes into it. I just hope it doesn't need special adjustment into the handle bar and that it's an easy replaceable part. I guess you can call them handlebar sliders?

while you are replacing stuff, you might want to consider upgrading to bar end mirrors.

Replacement should just be, remove screw, remove bar end, put new bar end on, and tighten screw back in. (you can get the screws at any hardware store, fasenal, FASTENERS inc., )

You can call them Steve and Bobble for all i care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts