Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been to the smokies since I was like 8. Now living in Atlanta I thought it would be a good first trip since they are only about 200 miles away. Anyone have any advice? Sites to see, roads to ride, places to stay, routes to take, things to watch out for?

I mapquested the route but figured you all would have more insight.

I'm thinking of ordering these cortech bags (but in black) for the trip. Any comments?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If anyone is interested in going feel free.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Regarding the Cortech Sport Saddlebags...they're good. I just completed packing mine up last night for my FL--->Rocky Mount--->BRP--->FL trip tomorrow morning- I managed to squeeze a helluva lot of stuff into them with the assistance of some Coleman vacuum bags. ;)

I have the Sport Tailbag also, but I also have the duffel, which I'm using instead of the Sport Tail this time around (more room for clothing).

·
FastAss
321 Posts
If you get to Ashville NC on the BRP then try out RT 151. This is a very technical road so beware. It's a minny Dragon's Tale about 4 miles long and all twisties.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
If you can give me the dates you're going to be here, several of us in NC might be able to meet you in Ashville, or pretty much anywhere on the BRP in NC. Just try to give me the dates a couple weeks in advance....or better yet, post up in the NC forum. :)

Most of US are in Central NC and make a mountain run for the day once in a while. Our first trip was almost 500 miles, and 11.5 hours (there and back, same day).

·
Registered
21 Posts
The best known Motorcycle \ Sportcar road in the Great Smokies is known as "The Dragon's Tail", or "Deal's Gap". You have 318 curves in 11 miles of road.

...................but beware the wrath of the "Tree of Shame".

Be careful out there bro. You will find some great riding.

I used to live in Atlanta. Check out Road Atlanta for Track Days. It's located in Brasselton. You will definitely like it there if you can get in.

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool cool. I'l check that out. I've heard of deals gap. Sounds like a nice ride. I'm a pretty safe rider so I don't think I'll be taking unnecessary risks. I talked with my MSF instructor today, looks like she will be joining me. should be a good time.

Thanks for all the tips. I really appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts