Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dam this looks intense..... The pics are a still a slow .gif and normal speed.... The 2 lower ones are gifs. They will only work if you click them to get the full size, which is just a hair b***** than they are...

I'm suprised the plane didn't explode!!!! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
hmmm scary

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
they're designed to take that, com'on theres thousands of planes that fly during bad weather

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Yeah, planes get hit all the time... cool pic though!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
kewl pics!! bet everyone needed an in-flight drink after that one.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
did the plane actually get struck?? I think that bolt is just behind it, not actually hitting it. REALLY REALLY freaking CLOSE, but I dont think its an actual strike..

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
that would have scared the crap out of me...

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Punkwood2k said:
did the plane actually get struck?? I think that bolt is just behind it, not actually hitting it. REALLY REALLY freaking CLOSE, but I dont think its an actual strike..
it got hit near the front travled through the plane and exited at the rear!!! The report on the site I got them from showed the burn holes.... big rnough to put your fist through!!

Makes perfect sense why the furl tanks are big rubber bags now.... If they were just steel that would have went off like the zepplins did... :eek: Extreme high voltage doesnt play with a normal set of rules like normal voltages ... its as unpredictable as your neighbors 15 year old spoiled brat daughter :grinbounc :grinbounc

Did you know the most "leathal" voltage is 440? 120 ac is a "safe" current. It's pulsed 60 times a second so it doesnt have that "grab" and cant let go effect like it does if its DC. DC is DEADLY Very Deadly.

A person can contact a 25Kv line and live. Sure whatever they touch the line with will be burned off but 99% of the Hi Voltage shocks live. Just like the lighting strike peeps. I had a good friens was a lineman for Hawaiian Electric dam the stories he would tell when we were drinkin... :eek:

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
it got hit near the front travled through the plane and exited at the rear!!! The report on the site I got them from showed the burn holes.... big rnough to put your fist through!!

Makes perfect sense why the furl tanks are big rubber bags now.... If they were just steel that would have went off like the zepplins did... :eek: Extreme high voltage doesnt play with a normal set of rules like normal voltages ... its as unpredictable as your neighbors 15 year old spoiled brat daughter :grinbounc :grinbounc

Did you know the most "leathal" voltage is 440? 120 ac is a "safe" current. It's pulsed 60 times a second so it doesnt have that "grab" and cant let go effect like it does if its DC. DC is DEADLY Very Deadly.

A person can contact a 25Kv line and live. Sure whatever they touch the line with will be burned off but 99% of the Hi Voltage shocks live. Just like the lighting strike peeps. I had a good friens was a lineman for Hawaiian Electric dam the stories he would tell when we were drinkin... :eek:

As an electrition,the hardest i've ever been hit was with 480v DC,that stuff will ring your bell.The second worse was a 277v neautral with a load on it.

There are a lot higher voltages than 480 but you will never see them in every day life.the highest I've ever worked around was in Exxon Chemical plant in Baton Rouge......13,800 volts.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alaska cajun said:
As an electrition,the hardest i've ever been hit was with 480v DC,that stuff will ring your bell.The second worse was a 277v neautral with a load on it.

There are a lot higher voltages than 480 but you will never see them in every day life.the highest I've ever worked around was in Exxon Chemical plant in Baton Rouge......13,800 volts.

Geeeezus watch them "whities" there the potential killers everyone mistakes for safe.... little they realize there at 2x the potential or more if a neutral elsewhere is bad...:eek: I been burnin shyt up for many years.... had to complete a job for the YMCA here that killed a guy that morning... the pump room was flooded and it was all 480 2 line... I was freakin kept hearin voices n shit...dan that was weird...

I was on a ladder 5 feet from a helper that opened a 14 inch panel fed with 4 inch conduits... told him to check EVERYTHING first. Typical kid, ya right. its off. He reaches in grabs a couple double o cables and not seeing he had a "pass thru" in the bunch he starts cutting thru them. Suddenly I hear that loading system sound and knew already what was goin on.... I looked over in time to see him begin to smoke and fall from 15 feet up slam flat on the ground dead... still smoldering.... gawd that was nasty...

Theres a booster station down the road from my house that has motorized breakers. Sometimes they mess up. the crews come out with fiberglass poles 50 feet long to manually do it....that is nasty... sparks like arc welding just rain down on the guys... Keith the lineman says that is a dangerous as hell job, the guys talk to the poles and gloves like there pets... odd bunch I tell you..Kith is a real nut, gets dropped off in the jungle to check the lines... he will be in the woods for a week or more at stretch!! He simply wanders out into a neighbor hood asks a home owner to use a phone and gets picked up :) rugged dood I till ya. real rugged. You don't even want to think about messin with him or his boys... gads I seen him kick like 6 guys asses and not even spill his beer!!!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Geeeezus watch them "whities" there the potential killers everyone mistakes for safe.... little they realize there at 2x the potential or more if a neutral elsewhere is bad...:eek: I been burnin shyt up for many years.... had to complete a job for the YMCA here that killed a guy that morning... the pump room was flooded and it was all 480 2 line... I was freakin kept hearin voices n shit...dan that was weird...

I was on a ladder 5 feet from a helper that opened a 14 inch panel fed with 4 inch conduits... told him to check EVERYTHING first. Typical kid, ya right. its off. He reaches in grabs a couple double o cables and not seeing he had a "pass thru" in the bunch he starts cutting thru them. Suddenly I hear that loading system sound and knew already what was goin on.... I looked over in time to see him begin to smoke and fall from 15 feet up slam flat on the ground dead... still smoldering.... gawd that was nasty...

Theres a booster station down the road from my house that has motorized breakers. Sometimes they mess up. the crews come out with fiberglass poles 50 feet long to manually do it....that is nasty... sparks like arc welding just rain down on the guys... Keith the lineman says that is a dangerous as hell job, the guys talk to the poles and gloves like there pets... odd bunch I tell you..Kith is a real nut, gets dropped off in the jungle to check the lines... he will be in the woods for a week or more at stretch!! He simply wanders out into a neighbor hood asks a home owner to use a phone and gets picked up :) rugged dood I till ya. real rugged. You don't even want to think about messin with him or his boys... gads I seen him kick like 6 guys asses and not even spill his beer!!!

Yeppers,that juice is some bad stuff and linemen are nut's,my little brother is one.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
:eek: :dblthumb Keith's nickname is "highvoltage" :lol

I just noticed the new vid.
:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
480v DC, OMFG!!!!! I just saw the DC..... YIKES... yer lucky to be alive Alask... holy shit. DC anything will get yer attention... it's like being punched in the face by a friend and then having a UFC champ clock yer ass... :eek:

Shit a fresh diehard can make the toughest mofo around say anything you want him to if "properly" applied as youi well know :lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts